Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faster delivery on MY if ordering AP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was playing with configuring a MY (LR). I noticed that without AP selected, the delivery date is September 2022, if AP is selected it moves up to May 2022.

I have a MY LR on order without AP. Delivery is currently late May / early June 2022. I wonder if I add AP will in be delivered much earlier.

I order my MY LR on 09/30/2021 w/ these options/upgrades: white interior + grey(not free at the time) + tow hitch. By February of this year I got a March 3-31 delivery date. Once we got into March, the delivery date shifted to mid-April to mid-May, then a few days ago to June!

Well, get this: A couple days ago (delivery estimate still set for June), on March 10, I added FSD (after watching a beardedTesla video about being bumped up if ordered with FSD). That same evening I was assigned a VIN and delivery estimate set for March 11-15! WTF? Fast forward to today when I got the text to pick a delivery date. And my car will now be delivered this Sunday, March 13.

Another nugget: they honored the FSD price of when I placed my order, so it was $10K instead of $12K.

So, go figure.

Reactions: SWIPE
I wouldn't day sleazy really. I'm sure other car companies do this but it's unknown to us because Tesla is pretty much always producing in a backorder situation. Also, it could help them with hedging currency or metals for their production plans.

Cash flow is king!

I wouldn't day sleazy really. I'm sure other car companies do this but it's unknown to us because Tesla is pretty much always producing in a backorder situation. Also, it could help them with hedging currency or metals for their production plans.

Cash flow is king!
I think it's absolutely sleazy. Just because I don't want to spend as much money as the next person I have to wait longer (a lot longer) for my product (that I'm paying for) than those that ordered after me? That'd be like going to Walmart and you're standing in line with nothing more than some hamburger meat, you're next and someone with a full cart walks up behind you and the cashier asks you to step aside and let them by because they are spending more money even though you've been standing there for 15 minutes. The orders should be fulfilled in the order in which they are received.

My order keeps getting pushed back and it's irritating and aggravating and I'm about ready to cancel. Yes, I know, they could care less but it's the principle. I've was tempted to add fsd just to get my vin and cancel it on the day of delivery but when I went to add it I got a dialogue saying that if I add fsd I'd no longer be able to change my order so that's a bust.

I hope you get yours soon. My thought is that you'll probably get it earlier than what's being said now. They could have had an influx of orders and they pushed a lot of dates back until they reprioritize and rank their orders.

I ordered March 7 and had an October edd, then may, then Aug to Oct. My money is on June

I just wanted to describe “sleazy”. I went car shopping this week after the wife’s old BMW was “totaled” , wife is fine hit by someone who ran a red ligh and she wanted more space than getting another MYP, so we looked at a Toyota Highlander Plat, only one of 5 local dealers has one in stock. Toyota Sales guy tells me it’ll sell fast and they’ll work with me on the MSRP + $7-8K “allocation fee” being applied to new car sales right now!!? $59K range.

Needless to say I said Hell No.

It’s crazy trying to get a new vehicle right now.

So what’s more sleazy a $12K FSD or dealer $8K allocation fee.

It begs the question, what’s the “fair market value” of a MYP in hand right now?
$75K?

Reactions: UW_MYLR
I think it's absolutely sleazy. Just because I don't want to spend as much money as the next person I have to wait longer (a lot longer) for my product (that I'm paying for) than those that ordered after me? That'd be like going to Walmart and you're standing in line with nothing more than some hamburger meat, you're next and someone with a full cart walks up behind you and the cashier asks you to step aside and let them by because they are spending more money even though you've been standing there for 15 minutes. The orders should be fulfilled in the order in which they are received.

My order keeps getting pushed back and it's irritating and aggravating and I'm about ready to cancel. Yes, I know, they could care less but it's the principle. I've was tempted to add fsd just to get my vin and cancel it on the day of delivery but when I went to add it I got a dialogue saying that if I add fsd I'd no longer be able to change my order so that's a bust.

Free Market Economy. There is a limited number of cars and more people wanting cars than actual cars. Why shouldn't a for-profit corporation give the cars to people who paid more money? This isn't a charity haha.

I was playing with configuring a MY (LR). I noticed that without AP selected, the delivery date is September 2022, if AP is selected it moves up to May 2022.

I have a MY LR on order without AP. Delivery is currently late May / early June 2022. I wonder if I add AP will in be delivered much earlier.
I wanted to report back that our MY was delivered last Sunday. It came much earlier than the estimated delivery was showing, and we didn't add FSD.

Free Market Economy. There is a limited number of cars and more people wanting cars than actual cars. Why shouldn't a for-profit corporation give the cars to people who paid more money? This isn't a charity haha.
You're right, it isn't charity which is why I'm paying for my vehicle...they aren't giving me anything for free so that was a poor analogy. And if they only want to sell their higher prices variants then they should pull the lower prices models and only sell the higher prices ones, like Ford did sort of. Don't take an order for a base rwd and say, eh, we'll get ya when we get ya...that's terrible business. $50k plus for a base isn't exactly cheap so I don't understand the logic. If you don't understand that then let's just agree to disagree. All money should be good money but I guess it's not the tesla or telsa fanboy way...so, I digress.

Reactions: Destiny1701
I just wanted to describe “sleazy”. I went car shopping this week after the wife’s old BMW was “totaled” , wife is fine hit by someone who ran a red ligh and she wanted more space than getting another MYP, so we looked at a Toyota Highlander Plat, only one of 5 local dealers has one in stock. Toyota Sales guy tells me it’ll sell fast and they’ll work with me on the MSRP + $7-8K “allocation fee” being applied to new car sales right now!!? $59K range.

Needless to say I said Hell No.

It’s crazy trying to get a new vehicle right now.

So what’s more sleazy a $12K FSD or dealer $8K allocation fee.

It begs the question, what’s the “fair market value” of a MYP in hand right now?
$75K?
I bought a seinna for my wife in December. Same markups everywhere. I got one at MSRP three hours away and they even drove it to my house (I traded in a vehicle). Trade in was super high as well because I shopped that car in around a lot. Dont be afraid to expand your search. I spent a full day on the phone calling every dealer in my state. If youre anywhere in NC I can refer you to a couple dealers.

Reactions: SWIPE