TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Faster Supercharging

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by JPUConn, Sep 8, 2016.

1. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

image.png image.png

Plugged in for a quick juice up at West Hartford CT supercharger and immediately got to 341 mph / 103 kWh with AC on. After a few minutes it dropped to the usual 90 kWh I get at this location.

I've charged at this location a handful of times with similar conditions and battery level and never been over ~90 kWh.

Is tesla testing out ramping up the supercharger speed?

2. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

Many factors in place...was anyone on the paired charger you used? What type of battery (you probably don't have an A battery).. What was percent soc when charging in the past?

3. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

I got 370 mi/hr charge on Monday in Napa, no one else was there and that is the highest i have seen, but it was about 6:30pm PST in about 87 degree weather, we did have the AC going but on very low, with Range mode on and about 90 miles remaining in the battery.

I have seen between 182 and 370 mi/hr, but more commonly between 240 and 340 mi/hr charging, which then begins to ramp down as it gets closer to topping off.

4. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Reporting mph rates isn't really helpful, as it's an average over the session. Better to report charging in kW as that is the instantaneous power-- you can either change the display to show it or just multiply the V x A.

• Helpful x 3
    • Like x 1
  5. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

Values seen by me in Napa were 373 mi/hr, 293 A, and 370 V.

6. silentsnow31802

Highest ive seen to date was 303A at 371V at the Petaluma, Ca supercharger. It was about 9:30PM and I was the only one there.

7. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

@JPUConn - Please take a picture of the battery label sticker under the front passenger wheel.

8. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

You mean kW, not kWh.

• Like x 1
  9. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

B pack
    image.jpeg

10. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

Hmm. Then it is very odd that you do not normally see rates above 90 kW.