Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faster Than a Ferrari F430 : Tesla Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought politics was legalized lying.

BYW It was amazing to watch the past few years as a politician could say one thing, and later say the opposite (nothing new there) but with the new technological twist of the instant internet to have their previous statement thrown up in their face -often on video- and have no conscience at all about lying. I mean what else could they do? It's not like they were ever going to stop lying...

lemme cite the first chancellor of federal republic of Germany here, Konrad Adenauer. He was confronted with his own statement from a few days in advance, stating the opposite. His reply:
"Ja wolln Sie mir denn verbieten, klüger zu werden?"

Trying to translate: "You want to ban me from becoming smarter?

As long as you can claim newer facts, any change of opinion can be presented.

Yes, I think we have to clearly separate lying and changing your mind. It seems we still heavily penalize politicians when they change their minds based on new information, even though there is nothing wrong with that.

Yes, I think we have to clearly separate lying and changing your mind. It seems we still heavily penalize politicians when they change their minds based on new information, even though there is nothing wrong with that.

Yes, I'm talking about two faced statements. As in; at a rally in the woods they tell the treehuggers they will "save the forest" and then the next day they meet with the loggers/stripminers/housing developers they can do as they like.