Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fastest charging station in NYC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Manhattan proper, anyone know what the fastest charging station available to a Model S might be? I've got an 140+ mile drive into the city next week, a meeting, and then a 140+ mile drive back out. Will need to charge in between, and the faster the better.

Thanks!

The NJ one wouldn't work for me because I need it in manhattan (where I can grab a cab to my meeting while it charges.) Although its good to know about that for the future.

But the 25th street location is a thought. Ill check with them.

Anyone know any other fast chargers in Manhattan? Like a 70a J1772, if not an HWPC?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for those store locations - do you know if they're available 24 hours (or at least whenever the parking garage is open)? Or only during business hours? I can call Paramus just wondering in general. That spot is right on the way to upstate. In fact thats a good central location in general. Wish they'd put a supercharger there!

Look for Beam Charging. They have a number of locations throughout Manhattan. Be aware however that some of their charging ports are 120V and others are 208/240V. Edison Park Fast is another and has a similar setup with regard to ports.

In Manhattan proper, anyone know what the fastest charging station available to a Model S might be? I've got an 140+ mile drive into the city next week, a meeting, and then a 140+ mile drive back out. Will need to charge in between, and the faster the better.

Thanks!

How much time are u spending in Manhattan? Most public stations will give you between 20-22 miles per hour of charge? If you spend 5 hours charging you will have 100+ miles added which should give you enough cushion to get home. I assume you have an 85 kW Model S?

In terms of Free charging at public stations, Edison Parkfast offers free charging at their stations with EVSEs. CarCharging Inc. charges $0.49/kWh and Beam charges $2.95/hr plugged in.

Plugshare.com and chargepoint.net will point you to the EVSE locations.

if you are only spending an hour or two in town then your best bet would be the Tesla show room... It would be fast (Especially if you have twin chargers) and it would be free. Both in terms of (free) parking and (free) charging. I have not spent much time there but it didn't seem, off hand, that they were set up to have Model S owners stoping by for a charge. There have been reports by others on this forum that have used the tesla showroom on 25th for charging (and parking) but YMMV.