Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fastest Configuration to VIN assignment ever

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I configured my model 3 LR silver RWD last night (~9:00 PM). Selected Santa Barbara as the pickup location. Today at ~12:00 PM, I got a call from Tesla saying they have a car for me. The lady has sent me the email with my VIN and setup an appointment to pick up the car this Saturday. I was expecting the 1-3 months wait as stated when configured the car. Now I don't even have a place to charge at home yet. I was still looking to get a NEMA 14-50 installed at my place.

Here is my proof
20180716_125937.jpg

Ok ... and your point is?

It just so happens they have an exact car that matches your spec and ready to go. They manufactured a lot of silver cars (and others, except red and white) and stock piled them across the country. That's all :)

Ok ... and your point is?

It just so happens they have an exact car that matches your spec and ready to go. They manufactured a lot of silver cars (and others, except red and white) and stock piled them across the country. That's all :)
I think his point is - this is CA with tons of people waiting and this car should have been given to someone who ordered 6/27. This does puzzle me.

First off - congratulations! Not only is it cool to be getting your car right away, but it suggests to me that this may be further evidence of the burst of deliveries at the front end of Q3. As for the charger, if your commute is less than 30 miles or so, you can still charge slowly every evening on your existing circuit and probably be okay. Hopefully, you can find an electrician and get it installed soon. Happy motoring!

Reactions: F_T_K