Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fastest SUV in the World? Model Y New Track Record!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Giving credit where it's due: The driver is amazingly good!

You are correct. They are required to be open at this track event.

(These trolls are some of the most pathetic around. I mean I'd be good if trolls knew a little about cars and racing so they could be just a little intelligent, but they definitely go for volume of responses over quality.)

• Disagree
Reactions: HarleyW
Fastest SUV in the World?

This begs the question, at what point does a sedan become a CUV? And when does a CUV become a SUV? And a SUV become a Pickup? Now that everything is going unibody, it sorta all blends together.

The Y is an SUV by today's standard. I argued the whole Y is really a CUV thing before I actually bought a Y. But the Y is bigger than I expected, and I'm clearly sitting a bit higher than some other SUVs.

I'm old school in that I prefer the term SUV only include truck based passenger vehicles. One of my last vehicles was a Ford Expedition. But using the truck definition now would eliminate 95% of todays SUVs.

A Tesla CUV sized between the Y and the 3 would probably sell well. Some people would prefer more of a 3 size vehicle with a hatch.

Reactions: Reborn