Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fastest time from order to delivery options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone got reccomendations on which exterior colors I should pick. I was thinking white interior already hoping it will speed up delivery.

No real color pref other than not black.

Rather keep aero wheels and basic AP.

Also does RWD car gets the in-app heated steering wheel upgrade option?

Unforn no RWD units. Is it hopeless trying to order right now to get delievery before EoY?

"order"? Probably yes. "inventory car?" I am sure you could find one if you look, but again less expensive = more in demand = faster turn over. Go to a tesla store in your location, and get in person help from someone in a store. They may be able to find you something.

I made a custom order for a Model 3 Performance immediately when the $7500 hit the Tesla website Dec 21st in the evening.

I got my VIN 24 hours later, and just scheduled my delivery for Dec 30th.

So, 36 hours from custom order to delivery date scheduled.

I'm in Texas. I also added EAP to my order, which in hindsight, might have sped it up.

I made a custom order for a Model 3 Performance immediately when the $7500 hit the Tesla website Dec 21st in the evening.

I got my VIN 24 hours later, and just scheduled my delivery for Dec 30th.

So, 36 hours from custom order to delivery date scheduled.

I'm in Texas. I also added EAP to my order, which in hindsight, might have sped it up.
Nice! Yeah performance has been quick time to delivery for a while. I'm waiting for my MVPA still with my 3rd party lender info on it.... Delivery 28th.

I impulses bought a lr midnight silver with the upgraded wheels on Friday with delivery pickup for 28th. So 5 days? Only one that was left for the 7500 + 10000 supercharger miles. It was too good of a deal to pass up. Anyone know if I can use the supercharger miles with my model y or is it locked to the car?

Last edited:
all it did was move the demand forward to meet year end numbers. its not like it generated MORE demand.
I agree that most of the demand was likely just pulled in but some like me who are not eligible for the tax credit bought only because the discount was $7500, I was on the fence when it was $3750 but $7500 + sales tax savings = ~$8200 was too good for me to pass up.

all it did was move the demand forward to meet year end numbers. its not like it generated MORE demand.
I was not planning on replacing/upgrading my 2020 Model 3P at all. But the $7500 + tax savings (so $8K) and 10K supercharging miles was substantial enough for me to buy a new car.

We already knew the Model 3 Performance wasn't going to be eligible for the 2023+ tax credits, so it's not like Tesla's EOY offer moved my demand from Jan back to December. It moved it from 'ah maybe 2025+' to OMG I need a new car this week :)