Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FasTrak mounting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the opportunity to use my FasTrak yesterday on the Express Lanes on the way home. I was still waiting on my license plate and since traffic was kinda heavy I took the chance. I left my FasTrak device in my center console. Every time I went through one of those sensors, it triggered by beeping twice.

This was using my FasTrak Flex and not the newer candy bar size. It wasn't buried in the center console and was sitting on top of everything so YMMV.

As current Tesla owners know, FasTrak is very picky about where it should be mounted on Teslas in order to sense the device. I believe they still do require you to mount the device so you're still taking a chance if you're not mounting it on the windshield.

Reactions: run-the-joules
Color me informed - I never knew about the beep setting!

So if so inclined, windshield mounting should work then from what you said, thanks
The purpose of the post was to say if you didn't mount it on the windshield and left it in the center console it worked there too. This is ideal since you wouldn't have an unsightly transponder mounted on your windshield.

Reactions: Msjulie
Anyone encounter issues with their Fastrak Transponder working with tint? I recently got my car tinted with Suntek CIR and the transponder doesnt look like its being detected anymore. Its currently placed on my dash in the corner by the drivers side. i have 80% on my windshield and 40% on the side and rear windows.