Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FasTrak Transponder - Windshield Location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke with Tesla tech support just now. They said folks have had success mounting on the rear glass--to the right or left of the speaker housing.

Thanks to a tip elsewhere on the forum, (sorry, can't find it to give credit) I mounted mine underneath the rear parcel shelf. (roughly centered) Velcro sticks to the fuzzy bottom just fine and more importantly, it works!

I could not get a reliable ping from anywhere on the front window (mfg nov '14) and ended up holding it out the window or getting a plate toll (which is fine for bridges but not express lanes)

I can confirm that in my 2012 Signature, upside down, all the way up to the headliner, and just to the right of the mirror works.

I must also say that my wife finds the beeping of the transponder to be extremely disturbing while I can barely hear it.

... I could only get it to work when mounted "touching" the headliner, UPSIDE DOWN!...
While it worked right side up in the Model X, when driving the 2017 Model S 90D the 91 Express Lanes FasTrak had to be upside down. Thanks for the suggestions to keep the three passenger switch accessible for free solo EV travel on the 10 and 110 freeways. Remember, the CAV decals must be displayed when driving solo on Metro Express Lanes using the switchable FasTrak set to 3. Check this link:

Metro ExpressLanes

Reactions: spentan