Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fault codes reference table? w008 f008

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has a table of tesla fault codes that they are willing to share with me, I recently repaired an isolation fault which i could work out with the relevant diagnostics computers I have but one there is virtually no info out there of what these faults relate to.... So i find myself spending countless hours looking though data to try working out what it doesnt like

my current intermittent faults are BMS_w008_HW_HVIL and BMS_f008_HW_HVIL, only seem to be present when car is at standstill in park with doors open, contactors turn off and require you to press the brake to re-enable

I know my current intermittent faults are a BMS fault as it states it as part of the fault but if we had a table with would be very useful for me and Im guessing many others.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Gary

Hi yes, I reset the original isolation fault and car is running now, I have done approx 500 miles with no faults until today, currently in factory mode

faults that trigger multiple times now are:

DI_W166_HVILOUTOFBOUNDS
DIS_W166_HVILOUTOFBOUNDS
BMS_W008_HW_HVIL
CHG_W034_SWHVIL

1 time
DIS_W086_HVILNOTPRESENT
deltaStatorT missing

Last edited:
You don't say what year your car is, but earlier years had a problem with defective switches and connectors.

In any case you've read the Tech Note. It's likely a bad connection somewhere in the HVIL loop. DI_W166_HVILOUTOFBOUNDS and DIS_W166_HVILOUTOFBOUNDS are general and expected. BMS_W008_HW_HVIL too.

First place I'd check is CHG_W034_SWHVIL, the charger lid switch. Hell I'd go ahead and replace it if you can get the part. Pull the low-voltage connector on the charger, check all pins, and re-seat it.

Do not do this if you are not highly trained in working with high voltage. 400vDC will kill you dead.

You don't say what year your car is, but earlier years had a problem with defective switches and connectors.

In any case you've read the Tech Note. It's likely a bad connection somewhere in the HVIL loop. DI_W166_HVILOUTOFBOUNDS and DIS_W166_HVILOUTOFBOUNDS are general and expected. BMS_W008_HW_HVIL too.

First place I'd check is CHG_W034_SWHVIL, the charger lid switch. Hell I'd go ahead and replace it if you can get the part. Pull the low-voltage connector on the charger, check all pins, and re-seat it.

Do not do this if you are not highly trained in working with high voltage. 400vDC will kill you dead.

I did this, it actually fixed itself but went ahead and checked connections, I couldn’t see anything wrong but cleaned and greased all connections with contact cleaner and non conductive grease. Ran fine for a while, now I have CHG_w101_lostCommsPhase as a permanent fault, it tripped the rcd when charging at work, got to a SUC and failed to charge, charges on AC now but no DC,

IMG_6850.jpeg
I have a 2015 85D with clunking rear drive unit and whining FDU and vibrating front end (not wheels or tires) anyone know if this is a concern code? Thanks!