Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faulty control module

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday (21 June), my Nov. 2016 X became unresponsive to both key fobs. Note eight days prior I had the annual service completed. I tried to hold the fob in the dead fob magic spot to no avail and tried changing the batteries in both with no luck. My car was parked in my garage under the house so the wifi and cell signal was weak and sporadic as well. Eventually, with the app, I got my car open, and sent the signal to start but was unable to shift into gear. Roadside assistance tried to troubleshoot but was unable to identify the problem. Eventually, a tow to the local SC was necessary.

I received an update today that the control module that detects the key fobs is faulty and must be replaced. The part has been ordered and they are hoping it arrives tomorrow. I was told that due to security concerns (theft) the vehicle becomes inoperable when this module fails. Tesla needs to be able to bypass this remotely somehow to avoid people being stranded.

I am curious if others have experienced this issue?