Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faulty Door Button - anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Rekognize Just had my 2020 left rear door panel assembly replaced due to the door open button intermittently not working. The button would require 2-4 presses randomly sometimes before the door would open and occasionaly open on the first press.

Too bad they couldn't just replace the button. Now I have mismatched door open buttons (new one is like yours, and three original buttons that have just a line on them).

Reactions: Rekognize
It's not common, make a service apointment.

Also, if you have replaced your puddle lights to an aftermarket type, this has been known to mess with door electronics.

Hmmm. Ive had my 2023 Model YP for a month or so now and replaced the front puddles. My drivers side takes 5 or so presses when I first get in for the day and then works perfectly the rest of the day. Repeats the next day. Might be the puddles, huh? Ill take the drivers out today and test for a few days in hopes this helps others in the future.

Stay tuned!

Reactions: DSolie
Might be the puddle lights as you mentioned. I'll add that Tesla service wanted to know a couple of the dates and times when the door button failed to open so they could look into the logs and confirm the issue before replacing the door panel.

Might be the puddle lights as you mentioned. I'll add that Tesla service wanted to know a couple of the dates and times when the door button failed to open so they could look into the logs and confirm the issue before replacing the door panel.

It’s not the puddle lights. Went back to the stock lights and it’s still doing it. It’s doing so on the drivers side front and rear doors. Told Tesla and they are replacing both door panels.

• Informative
Reactions: DSolie and Mike_TV
@Rekognize Just had my 2020 left rear door panel assembly replaced due to the door open button intermittently not working. The button would require 2-4 presses randomly sometimes before the door would open and occasionaly open on the first press.

Too bad they couldn't just replace the button. Now I have mismatched door open buttons (new one is like yours, and three original buttons that have just a line on them).
Same thing happened to me except it was my driver's door button. I told the service advisor I wasn't going to accept mismatched buttons. We'll see what happens when I return for service in Feb as they didn't have the parts to correct a seat problem I have. I told him I wanted all new panels that are matching.

Same thing happened to me except it was my driver's door button. I told the service advisor I wasn't going to accept mismatched buttons. We'll see what happens when I return for service in Feb as they didn't have the parts to correct a seat problem I have. I told him I wanted all new panels that are matching.
Did you have your entire door panel replaced? I’m having the same issue in mine but I’m over 50K miles so it’s not under warranty. Also…how much was it going to cost?