Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faulty door handles

Brian May

Apr 9, 2016
Melbourne
The cheaper quote was for "temporary" repairs because they didn't have the parts. The more expensive quote was for the "permanent" repair.

Which annoys me that they were going to charge me $290 a door for the temporary repair, and then charge me $489.13 (front door only) for a permanent solution, and they didn't even bother to let me know before hand (it does explain why they scheduled two appointments though - but they didn't respond to my questions asking to explain why).

Good thing we rejected the repairs.

Our theory is that the "temporary" repair was replacing just the gear and the "permanent" repair was replacing the entire assembly.

gcgp

Nov 11, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
I’ve had this happen twice before. Now my driver side door is faulty. I ordered the stainless steel paddle gears to fix the issue. What do you think of my temporary fix so I can open me driver side door? He he

Attachments

• A4C9F74B-0BCF-4B27-BD2B-5916EB8D540B.jpeg
    A4C9F74B-0BCF-4B27-BD2B-5916EB8D540B.jpeg
    256.5 KB · Views: 18

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC