Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faux leather sealant?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried using Gyeon Q2 Leathershield on your faux-leather seats?
I emailed them some time ago asking them if it si compatible but did not hear back.
Any other ceramic/sealants that you found worked well to protect your seats?
Thanks.

Reactions: RossRAllen
Yep, that's what I use. Works great on our vinyl seats (both black and white). My only complaint is the solution gets hard relatively quickly after opening. I wish I could use it twice, but it always has solidified before I can use a second time. As it is, I coat both of our sets of seats but still have about a 1/3 of the bottle left over. I'll just add a second coat next time.

But I guess that also means there is a good amount of SiO2 in there, which is a good thing.

Yep, that's what I use. Works great on our vinyl seats (both black and white). My only complaint is the solution gets hard relatively quickly after opening. I wish I could use it twice, but it always has solidified before I can use a second time. As it is, I coat both of our sets of seats but still have about a 1/3 of the bottle left over. I'll just add a second coat next time.

But I guess that also means there is a good amount of SiO2 in there, which is a good thing.
Can you share a link to the product you use?

Their leather coat works well too. I had several people that didn’t even want to sit in my car with the white seats. I spent a bit on Adams Graphene so I paced myself with Gyeon. I just do it every few months. Smells great.
I actually got the seat belt jammed against my back and the seat and it made a black mark. Was able to wipe it off with a microfiber towel thankfully. Couple other ppl left some marks just from things being on their clothes.
And taking a family members wheel off for replacement, then getting the the car with filth etc, it’s just bound to happen.
Adams, Gyeon, Hydrosilex, nanoskin, quik interior detail wipes (Meguiars) all been good to me so far.

Attachments

• 2433EA21-4280-4738-A17D-5330D9349A7F.jpeg
    2433EA21-4280-4738-A17D-5330D9349A7F.jpeg
    486.3 KB · Views: 167
Thank you very much for your recommendation. I watched the YouTube video and purchased the Gyeon Q2 for my Tan ‘22 Model X seats. I’m concerned that over time, skin oils and perspiration could transfer to the leather cover on the center console, and you provided me with a solution.

I‘ve used Carpro Pearl on my Basenor White Faux Leather Seats and it works well. Dirt transfer wipes off easily. It can also be used on dashboard, side door, and on tires. Different dilutions with water gives different gloss and protection. Amazing long lasting on dash and side doors. 1 litre will last a long time even when applying to tires on frequent basis.