Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Favorite and least favorite supercharger locations ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took me a good 10 minutes and three trips around the block to find the SC in Grant's Pass OR. Hint to those who might be looking for it some day: it's at the far back of the Black Bear restaurant parking lot.

You could have scoured the Progress threads on each SpC, they usually have photos, coupled with a glance at google street view before you go on your planned trip and you'll usually know where to look to find them.

I knew about Grant's Pass in OR before we took our trip up to Eugene. I too had to drive around twice to find it though, but the street view gave me a better idea as to it's relative location in relation to the diner. Stopped there twice, once for a charge and lunch and the second for a charge and dinner on the way back south. Especially important in cases of parking garage locations or out of the way, off the beaten path locations.

Favorite:
Hawthorne Supercharger - Right next to the Tesla Design Studio and SpaceX. Plenty of stalls, lounge with free beverages and clean bathrooms, and a view like this:
EGdWcVE.jpg

Worst:
San Juan Capistrano - Super awkward parking lot with limited space, lots of people waiting to charge, and not enough superchargers.

Wanted to relieve you from "Supercharger anxiety". :)

Here in Tokyo we have three SC locations nearby (which doesn't really make sense). Among those Grand Hyatt SC in Roppongi area is the most terrible, possible among all SC worldwide...
1. Only 2 stalls
2. Since it's in valet parking area much less ICEing, but some Tesla owners leave their cars for hours.
3. Parking fee is $12 per hour. If you spend more than $50 in the mall, validation is available.
4. Rather frequently the SC is closed due to hotel events, of course without prior notice.
5. Hotel staff is not polite and they always say "don't do this and that".
6. If both stalls are occupied there's no place to wait. You have to leave.

Personally I don't spend money there :)

Side note, Sukiyabashi Jiro in Roppongi is the best sushi I've ever had. Other than that the shopping mall is not a place I would spend money either. Awesome to hear from Tokyo Tesla owners!

Reactions: hiroshiy
Side note, Sukiyabashi Jiro in Roppongi is the best sushi I've ever had. Other than that the shopping mall is not a place I would spend money either. Awesome to hear from Tokyo Tesla owners!
You know some very good restaurants in Tokyo! Just for your next tip, to visit nice sushi restaurant, it is usually better to go with your Japanese friend(s) who frequent the place, as they charge less for frequent patrons. Let me know when you come next time :)

Favorites:
Dayton, OH USA: best Chipotle ever, Panera Bread, Steak & Shake for eats; Newer Meijer superstore(nice restrooms). Safe area.
Shamrock, TX USA: U-Drop Inn is a fun place to see (restored Route 66 diner, filling station with neon lights - it is a museum- no food or gas)
Santa Rosa, New Mexico USA: Route 66 Auto Museum is a well hidden gem for car folks - worth the short walk. Watch your wallet - several very nice cars for sale too.

Reactions: PtG62901
Officially called the Tooele, UT supercharger though it's actually in Lakepoint, UT, is handy for those traveling I-80 with easy off and on freeway access.

Located in the parking lot of the Comfort Inn. Those using the facility are welcome to use the hotel's lobby lounge, restrooms and wifi.

They do have snacks but if you're looking for something more substantial there is a Denny's located across the street.

Local TV did this piece on the facility:
Lake Point completes network for coast-bound Tesla drivers | KSL.com

Reactions: ModelX