Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Favorite options? I want a snowplow and a winch.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't we mount receivers to Al parts of Teslas? How about the 700,000 or so Ford Trucks with Al bodies?

Does it matter which flavor of Stainless you are bolting on? There are lots of choices.
We do, but galvanic corrosion is a legitimate concern. There has been evidence of galvanic corrosion occurring with a hitch on a Model S here.

The keys to galvanic corrosion are: there needs to be different potentials between the metals in the system, the connection must be conductive, and there has to be some kind of electrolytic film in this conductive connection. Humidity/condensation counts as the electrolytic film in our application.

My assumption is that attachment points on the Cybertruck will be insulated points in the system so as to avoid the risk of galvanic corrosion. Here are ways to avoid corrosion:
Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 1.28.07 PM.png

It's manageable, but definitely something to keep in mind.

Don't we mount receivers to Al parts of Teslas? How about the 700,000 or so Ford Trucks with Al bodies?

Does it matter which flavor of Stainless you are bolting on? There are lots of choices.

Sure. I currently own a aluminium Ford. There are tons of threads to help with that.
Just making people aware that insulation is needed.
And the frames of conventional trucks are steel. So bolting hitches,camper tie downs and winch mounts do not require anything special.

I would like the 500 mile battery in the two motor truck and would be willing to pay enough for it so that Tesla would make a nice profit from the option. Another, much cheaper option that I would like, is a weather radio. I had a Subaru that had a weather radio and it was very handy. I heat my house with wood and grow a big garden and it was nice to know if it was going to freeze or rain or whatever. The CT will appeal to a large number of people who could use a weather radio in their planning.

Do we know if the rear window will roll down? Might be nice to put a wakeboard in thru that window since it won't fit entirely in the bed after the vault cover is closed, and I wanna be able to close the tailgate so the board doesn't get stolen.

He did mention it:

Tesla Cybertruck's bed accessible from 2nd row, making a great camping machine - Electrek

That made my wife even happier to have her deposit down. Now the dog beds can go in the vault on long trips.

We've even got a dog who will be a little older by the time the truck is delivered, so we'll be able to dip the bed down for easy entry and exit.