Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Favorite options? I want a snowplow and a winch.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pickup trucks are all about the stuff you'd be wanting to add.

Me, I want a snowplow and a winch in the worst way. I have 3 options for clearing my road. This is a picture of the only one the Cybertruck *couldn't* replace. Instant start, heated cab. Get on it you peepul.

Attachments

• early winter - 16 02-13-2019-2.jpg
    early winter - 16 02-13-2019-2.jpg
    466.5 KB · Views: 523
Battery weight means that you won't need to carry sand bags in your truck bed during winter time.

Yep -- that's the big problem with my smallest plowing option (Ranger EV with a blade) -- too light.

I was surprised not to see a winch on the front. My attempt at guessing the design had one built into the front, under the headlight.

Seems like the perfect spot -- and terrific if Tesla added it to the AC outlets and air-compressor already on board. But an aftermarket winch would be OK too.

Reactions: Lasairfion
Pickup trucks are all about the stuff you'd be wanting to add.

Me, I want a snowplow and a winch in the worst way. I have 3 options for clearing my road. This is a picture of the only one the Cybertruck *couldn't* replace. Instant start, heated cab. Get on it you peepul.
would be awesome if Tesla could program the cybertruck to plow without a driver in it. your driveway gets plowed on its' own. Get a fleet of these and mint money.

RoboPlow instead of RoboTaxi. Probably happens after i am long gone from this earth, but it's nice to dream.

Last edited:
Except there is no constantly running engine to TO the P from. Need a HV or 48V sourced hydraulic pump or such.
OK, so logically speaking it wouldn't be a PTO. It would be a PTO simulator that was separately controlled. But I would think it would be an electric motor - is there a reason it couldn't be? A dedicated electric motor for a PTO seems like it would be awesome.

OK, so logically speaking it wouldn't be a PTO. It would be a PTO simulator that was separately controlled. But I would think it would be an electric motor - is there a reason it couldn't be? A dedicated electric motor for a PTO seems like it would be awesome.
Agreed. I'm just wondering built in or separate. It might be like the combo tools that have one power head for many attachments. Or say 3 different sized power units. Could have a hitch mounted backhoe, snowplow, sweeper, snowblower, front end loader.

The plow truck I just disposed of had its own hydraulic pump that ran off 12V. A motor out might be the best option. No hydraulics with the truck and no high current electrical connections.

OMG!! I totally want to get a Snow Plow for my CyberTruck! I run vacation rentals in Flagstaff and there's a big storm right now and I feel helpless relying on other people to dig my guests out of the snow. Would be so fun to do it myself with this BEAST of a truck! I have zero experience with snow plows.... so what does the truck need to be able to able to attach a legit plow to the front?

Plows beat up trucks bad. Even HD 1-ton trucks with heavy frames get tweaked when you hit a snowbank a little harder than planned. That said, I am sure somebody will adapt some of the light duty plows to fit this truck.

A snowblower the width of the truck is going to need 30 or 40 hp of sustained mechanical power to be effective. Its also going to a big heavy thing on the order of a few thousand pounds, so the truck will need a lift mechanism up front and some beefy front suspension. Not something you really see too much of except maybe on the front of a 5 or 10 ton dump truck. Even those might have their own diesel engine self contained in the blower.

Reactions: coleAK