Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Favorite part about 2020.48.26... changing the charging threshold

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my app, where you slide the bar to set your charge limit, it now says 84% where the 90% mark usually is. Is this part of what you mean?
No - that's a new one to me. I've been doing 60% during Covid because the car is just sitting there 95% of the time. After the update, bastard charged itself to 95% without any rhyme or reason.

Should have set up a poll, but no, no changes for me.
Never even considered this would be a unique situation. Gotta love software.

I also had an earlier bug a few months ago where adjusting the percentage via the app wasn't "taking." I'd caught it that time & had to run to the car to adjust the % on-screen so it would stay put.

How the hell can you change the charging state to percentage??? My stupid car (2021) only shows miles of range, even in the charging menu. The limit of how much to charge doesn't even have that; just a stupid line that you can move, guessing charge level. It's to about 90% now, but would like to see the freaking figures. Any way to change that? Thx.

Oh, and now that I downloaded the latest version, the car started howling when put in reverse, to exit the garage. It stopped once put in drive. Is it a new thing, to make noise while in R? My wife HATED that.

How the hell can you change the charging state to percentage??? My stupid car (2021) only shows miles of range, even in the charging menu. The limit of how much to charge doesn't even have that; just a stupid line that you can move, guessing charge level. It's to about 90% now, but would like to see the freaking figures. Any way to change that? Thx.

Oh, and now that I downloaded the latest version, the car started howling when put in reverse, to exit the garage. It stopped once put in drive. Is it a new thing, to make noise while in R? My wife HATED that.
You can change to percentage within the Display menu. Touch Controls > Display > Energy Display > Energy

The "howling" is the Pedestrian Warning System (PWS).

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_3_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf

Reactions: house9 and Ol'Blue
How the hell can you change the charging state to percentage??? My stupid car (2021) only shows miles of range, even in the charging menu. The limit of how much to charge doesn't even have that; just a stupid line that you can move, guessing charge level. It's to about 90% now, but would like to see the freaking figures. Any way to change that?

Go to Settings > Display > to a little toggle near your temperature and psi settings where it says “energy” and kms/miles or something like that. I can’t remember what it is without going to the car.

But once you switch it will change the battery indicator to % instead of distance remaining. This helps a lot if you’re having range anxiety also since the distance remaining isn’t the most accurate.

Mine is set to 80 and the car sits plugged in a few days in a row before being driven; finally had a couple longer drives and the first morning after it was 84 and the next time it was 81

My car has done this before and I expect it to do so again. I actually attribute this to varying morning temps after the car charge has finished and the garage temp warms up a bit (from finished) when the sun comes out; current daily temp range here is a chilly :) low 40s to low 60s.

Go to Settings > Display > to a little toggle near your temperature and psi settings where it says “energy” and kms/miles or something like that. I can’t remember what it is without going to the car.

But once you switch it will change the battery indicator to % instead of distance remaining. This helps a lot if you’re having range anxiety also since the distance remaining isn’t the most accurate.

I find it quite annoying it can't show both the range and the percentage on screen at the same time. There's so much white space everywhere (even more so since the update), there's definitely space for both!

I love that its the fault of the "stupid car" and the "stupid line"

Thanks for the help guys. My main issue was I didn't know what % the charging limit lines were, but just like I suspected, each line is about 10%. Used a supercharger yesterday for the first time to try it out, and it charged to 90% on the last visible line, so all is well. By the way, Tesla should make the little battery charge icon on the screen a toggle switch between % and miles; hopefully on a future update. Getting used to the Tesla way of doing things now. Thanks again, and sorry for those I offended by insulting the car with 'stupid' :).

Reactions: Ol'Blue