Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Favorite Waterless Wash?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been using the Griot’s Garage one for about a year and a half now and will never go back to the hose and bucket. If I have caked on dirt I will try and rinse the car off by leaving it in the rain or, worst case, a quick spray down outside, but I’ve only had to do that maybe twice in a year. The rest of the time, spray on/wipe off.

Our S has about 75% clear wrap coverage, so that obviously helps to some degree, but my FIAT has nothing and Griot’s has been super.

I don't understand what waterless wash is? Wouldn't that just scratch the clear coat?
Look on youtube for a better explanation, but basically the product encapsulates the dirt and removes it without scratching. Polished the Ex wifes black mustang and washed it with waterless wash for 3 years without putting any scratches in the paint.

its legit and works great.

Some will also wax while you wash

I’ve purchased everything I need to do a waterless wash this coming weekend. Using ONR 2 bucket method. Watched videos so I think I’m set but do have a few questions.

- what so I do for medium to high dirt amount? let’s say mud or stuck on dirt on the base of the car

- what do you guys do as daily maintenance? Bird crap and other things that might happen on the daily.

I’ve purchased everything I need to do a waterless wash this coming weekend. Using ONR 2 bucket method. Watched videos so I think I’m set but do have a few questions.

- what so I do for medium to high dirt amount? let’s say mud or stuck on dirt on the base of the car

- what do you guys do as daily maintenance? Bird crap and other things that might happen on the daily.

I have ONR and love it. But ONR is usually used as a rinseless wash, not a waterless wash. The difference is that in a rinseless wash, you still use a bucket filled with 2 to 3 gallons of water and an ounce or two of ONR. With a waterless wash, you use a dedicated waterless wash solution in a spray bottle and use it in a similar manner as a detail spray. But technique is everything to avoid scratches, so you may want to watch an instructional video for a detailed description.

To answer your questions, if the car is filthy, then I personally would skip both rinseless and waterless washes and go for a traditional wash complete with a foam gun or cannon. If there is a high level of dirt and you want to do a rinselss wash, I would hose off the area that is really dirty first to get rid of most of the dirt. If you are doing a rinseless wash and don't have access to a hose, you can also spray the dirty area first with an ONR solution, let it work on the area for a few minutes, and then proceed with your rinseless wash.

For daily maintenance, a waterless wash is ideal. That is what I do and love it.

I just went to a Tesla ONR wash event and took a video of it.

Huge fan of ONR. I use inside and out. I also just used it to clean all the windows of my house.
:)

• Informative
Reactions: guggie1 and ABCTG

There is no need for a second bucket. And if you do use one you need ONR in both buckets.

To answer your questions

1. I use ONR. You can also pre soak it with some power clean diluted down. Power clean helps with bugs.

2. ONR at QD strength for daily stuff.

I'm definitely going to try ONR.

What about something that gives the paint an awesome shine? Is there an equally easy product that just wipes on and leaves a fantastic shine?

I agree with Ckanderson, opti seal and hyper seal are awesome. Btw, there is a version of ONR that has wax in it.

I also love to use Meguiars D156 synthetic spray on wax. I use D156 as a drying aid if doing a rinseless wash or immediately following a waterless wash.