Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Favorite Waterless Wash?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm definitely going to try ONR.

What about something that gives the paint an awesome shine? Is there an equally easy product that just wipes on and leaves a fantastic shine?

Here is a pic I took today after I did a waterless wash using Mckees 37 Waterless Wash on the Go followed by Meguiar's D156 Synthetic Spray Wax. The M3 has full PPF and Optimum's Hyper Seal.

TeslaPic-6-19-19.jpg

Reactions: follow.johnny
:eek:
Adams Polishes Waterless Wash is what we use on both our Roadster and our Model 3. Never had a problem with the product.
I have to agree. Adams products don't get the respect they deserve. I use the regular wash, correction fluid, VCT plastic treatment and the buttery wax! I've never tried the waterless wash... Kinda makes me nervous when instructions say be sure to go in one direction only or you could leave swirls.

Imageee,
:eek:
I have to agree. Adams products don't get the respect they deserve. I use the regular wash, correction fluid, VCT plastic treatment and the buttery wax! I've never tried the waterless wash... Kinda makes me nervous when instructions say be sure to go in one direction only or you could leave swirls.
I agree, Adam’s should get more respect. I love their waterless wash, but I just got some of their ceramic waterless (Yes, mine is coated) and haven’t tried it yet. It has rained nonstop for what seems like years here.

Amazing how many people are using the waterless wash products and loving it. Just like getting used to EVs, my old school butt is going to have to get used to it, especially here in So. Cal. where water conservation is critical. trm2 and William, thanks for the info. I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes. It hasn't been raining here too much lately... :)

Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
Just did my first no-rinse wash yesterday and it was actually easy. I just had to get a hang of not putting too much pressure on the sponge and rags. ONR and Car Guys Hybrid Wax were my tools yesterday. Waiting for the Opti Seal to be delivered.

I do want to get another bucket though. I saw how much dirt my 1 bucket collected so it make sense to get a 2nd one for rinsing the sponge/rags prior to re-soaking in the ONR bucket.

Amazing how many people are using the waterless wash products and loving it. Just like getting used to EVs, my old school butt is going to have to get used to it, especially here in So. Cal. where water conservation is critical. trm2 and William, thanks for the info. I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes. It hasn't been raining here too much lately... :)

Reactions: Kleenerth3
Just did my first no-rinse wash yesterday and it was actually easy. I just had to get a hang of not putting too much pressure on the sponge and rags. ONR and Car Guys Hybrid Wax were my tools yesterday. Waiting for the Opti Seal to be delivered.

I do want to get another bucket though. I saw how much dirt my 1 bucket collected so it make sense to get a 2nd one for rinsing the sponge/rags prior to re-soaking in the ONR bucket.
You don’t need a second bucket as the ONR makes the dirt fall to the bottom, but if you must you need to put the same concentration of ONR in the second bucket so you don’t dilute the ONR.

Reactions: Tuazon81
ONR is an awesome product. When I do a rinsless wash with it, I do use a second bucket with the same ONR concentration in it. I know it is supposed to be unncessary to use a second bucket to rinse your sponge or wash mitt, but I do anyway just to be safe.

BTW, ONR is meant to be primarily used as a rinseless wash, not a waterless wash. In a rinseless wash, yes, you still use 2 or 3 gallons of water and then put one or two ounces of ONR into it. For a waterless wash, you can put ONR in a spray bottle and use it at a higher concentration. However, Optimum, the maker of ONR, has a separate dedicated waterless wash product called OptiClean. Just put Opticlean in a spray bottle at the corect dilution ratio. No bucket necessary.

I have used OptiClean and it is a very good product. Most people would be very happy with it. I personally don't care for it quite as much as either Meguiars D115 Express Wash and Wax or McKees 37 Waterless Wash on the Go. OptiClean is white in color, so when I try to dilute it into my spray bottle, which is white in color with a clear fill line, it is harder to see the exact level of the liquid in the bottle. Meguiars is light blue in color and Mckees is orange, so much easier to see and dilute with precision. I personally like the scent of Meguiars and Mckees 37 better than the scent of OptiClean. OptiClean has a nice, pleasant scent, but just a personal prererence. And finally, I think the Opti Clean is more expensive in terms of cost per use.

Not at all. ONR is just not a waterless car wash. You just don’t have to rinse. This thread is about “waterless” car washes. That rules ONR out, surely?

Aero is my vote again, for a true waterless wash. Zero gallons of water needed.

Yep, as I mentioned in my post, Optimum's OptiClean is their version of a waterless wash. So to compare apples to apples, you would want to comapre OptiClean to Aero, not ONR.

I have heard good things about Aero and have wanted to try it. Do you know if Aero comes in a concentrate form? I always go for the concnetrate version of any waterless car wash because it is the most cost effective per wash.

Here is a description of OptiClean:

Optimum Opti-Clean

and here is my current favorite:

Meguiar's® D115 Detailer Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax, 1 Gallon

Reactions: Kleenerth3
You don’t need a second bucket as the ONR makes the dirt fall to the bottom, but if you must you need to put the same concentration of ONR in the second bucket so you don’t dilute the ONR.

I’ve continued using the 2 bucket method with ONR in an abundance of caution, but I do recall seeing my detailer only use one bucket now that you mention it. I do use the big gold sponge and squeeze it out pretty thoroughly between rinse and ONR buckets though. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: Bill Foster