Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Favorites from visiting 1/2 US park sites in my LR 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Late last year, I hit over 200 US national park units in my Telsa 3 LR, including historic sites etc. In case you want to follow along, here are my favorites from the next batch (ad free blog links, of course, with one photo each).

My old favorites from the first 100 sites still stand. But, especially traveling in the northeast, many of my favorites are Historical Parks, which are treasure troves.

Most in need of a big budget Hollywood epic to tell the story: Clark. I’m not from the midwest, but I totally had never heard this amazing story (or slept through that class in US History).

Favorite Revolutionary War site: Minute Man. Full disclosure: I’m from Concord, MA, and we have a bit of a rivalry with Lexington.

Best site for art's sake: Gaudens. Remote park site on the border of New Hampshire and Vermont, but highly recommended.

Most stirring patriotic site: McHenry. ‘Oh, say, can you see?’ Wow, if you haven’t been, go!

Site with the least to see but the most fun I had writing a blog entry: Poe. Maybe I’m a frustrated writer? Yeah, that makes sense.

Favorite from childhood memory: Marsh. Do you remember your first time in a swimming hole? Summer camp? Those were the days.

Biggest rule broken: Steamtown. I’m traveling to hundreds of parks in an electric car, so why am I riding a coal-powered steam engine?

Most innovative site that also serves historic beer: Dayton. Beer, beer, and beer. Did I mention beer? Oh, and the first real airplane.

Best overall city park? Honorable mentions go to Boston and New Bedford, but the best so far is Philly. I can’t believe I picked a city I’m not from.

Can't choose a favorite? Oh yes I can: Harpers. What? That’s crazy! Isn’t that in West Virginia? Didn’t Stonewall Jackson capture it? Seriously?

Anywho, I’m trying to hit 300 this year. Hopefully I’ll post another update in about a month. See you out there on the road!

Reactions: Prairie