TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Favorites in Navigation

Discussion in 'Model S' started by PraDes, Sep 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. PraDes

PraDes Member

I'm a newbie.....bought my MS 60D two weeks back. What a car! Last two weeks have been ecstatic

This forum is my guru and I'm quickly picking up so much. Thanks for sharing your experiences which helps new users like me.

Question : is there a way to save favorites in Navigation? I could save Home and Work. But there's no noticeable way to add more addresses. Or am I missing something? I watched walk-through on Navigation, and am following all steps.

Attached Files:

2. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

If you click on the destination flag in the map window, there should be a heart icon - click on that, and it should add it to favorites.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

4. PraDes

PraDes Member

Thanks, that worked!

5. Fiddler

Fiddler Member

How to search favorites in navigation?
    Maybe reorganize in alphabetical order. How?
    I have many pages of favorites.

6. AustinP

AustinP Member

If memory serves, you can use voice command, it checks your favorites.
    E.g. If you have a favorite called Granny, you can ask to drive to granny.

Agreed it's not a search but is a way to retrieve those.

7. sharpgator

sharpgator Member

Along the same lines, is there a way to save your current location as a favorite? My office address and the actual location don’t match up, so I’m wanting to just save where I park.

8. AustinP

AustinP Member

The only way I know is to long press the point where you are on the map. That will open a window from where you can add in the favorites. I think. Can't verify, wife is away with the car.

9. sharpgator

sharpgator Member

That did it. Thanks

• Like x 1
  10. aollivierre

aollivierre Member

anyway of adding waypoint to the current navigation? In some cases, I am having to make multiple stops on long rides....The problem you have today, is that you don't know if you need to stop at one or more charging stations along the way. Can you anyone assist?

11. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

The only waypoint support in the current navigation software is with the Trip Planner's routing through superchargers.

You can only enter one destination into the navigation software, and if the route is too long to make without charging, Trip Planner will add waypoints for the superchargers where you should plan to stop for an in-route charge.

Waypoints is on the list of features that are (still) missing from the Tesla navigation app. Other missing features are route customization (letting you select items such as shortest distance, shortest time, ...), real-time traffic notifications ("accident in right lane xx miles ahead"), and POI support (points of interest, such as restaurants at upcoming highway exits). These are features I had in my Tesla cars over 10 years ago - and are still missing in Tesla's navigation app.

It appears Tesla is developing a 2nd generation Navigation app, which may be on the early Model 3 production cars and on some S/X cars running in a few countries. If true, then let's hope the new app closes the functionality gap - providing more features - while also improving the quality of the routing - and using up-to-date maps, speed limits, and real-time traffic data.

• Informative x 1
  12. AustinP

AustinP Member

In the meantime, there is this great web app that can do just that.

A Better Routeplanner

Optimized also for the car's browser. Love it.

13. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

Good luck! And welcome to the new world. The car will only get better from here on out. Just upgraded my 60D to 75 and had uncorking done. Each day I look forward to driving somewhere, anywhere :)