Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Favorites in Navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a newbie.....bought my MS 60D two weeks back. What a car! Last two weeks have been ecstatic

This forum is my guru and I'm quickly picking up so much. Thanks for sharing your experiences which helps new users like me.

Question : is there a way to save favorites in Navigation? I could save Home and Work. But there's no noticeable way to add more addresses. Or am I missing something? I watched walk-through on Navigation, and am following all steps.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    485.1 KB · Views: 204
anyway of adding waypoint to the current navigation? In some cases, I am having to make multiple stops on long rides....The problem you have today, is that you don't know if you need to stop at one or more charging stations along the way. Can you anyone assist?

The only waypoint support in the current navigation software is with the Trip Planner's routing through superchargers.

You can only enter one destination into the navigation software, and if the route is too long to make without charging, Trip Planner will add waypoints for the superchargers where you should plan to stop for an in-route charge.

Waypoints is on the list of features that are (still) missing from the Tesla navigation app. Other missing features are route customization (letting you select items such as shortest distance, shortest time, ...), real-time traffic notifications ("accident in right lane xx miles ahead"), and POI support (points of interest, such as restaurants at upcoming highway exits). These are features I had in my Tesla cars over 10 years ago - and are still missing in Tesla's navigation app.

It appears Tesla is developing a 2nd generation Navigation app, which may be on the early Model 3 production cars and on some S/X cars running in a few countries. If true, then let's hope the new app closes the functionality gap - providing more features - while also improving the quality of the routing - and using up-to-date maps, speed limits, and real-time traffic data.

• Informative
Reactions: Fiddler
anyway of adding waypoint to the current navigation? In some cases, I am having to make multiple stops on long rides....The problem you have today, is that you don't know if you need to stop at one or more charging stations along the way. Can you anyone assist?

The only waypoint support in the current navigation software is with the Trip Planner's routing through superchargers.

You can only enter one destination into the navigation software, and if the route is too long to make without charging, Trip Planner will add waypoints for the superchargers where you should plan to stop for an in-route charge.

Waypoints is on the list of features that are (still) missing from the Tesla navigation app. Other missing features are route customization (letting you select items such as shortest distance, shortest time, ...), real-time traffic notifications ("accident in right lane xx miles ahead"), and POI support (points of interest, such as restaurants at upcoming highway exits). These are features I had in my Tesla cars over 10 years ago - and are still missing in Tesla's navigation app.

It appears Tesla is developing a 2nd generation Navigation app, which may be on the early Model 3 production cars and on some S/X cars running in a few countries. If true, then let's hope the new app closes the functionality gap - providing more features - while also improving the quality of the routing - and using up-to-date maps, speed limits, and real-time traffic data.

In the meantime, there is this great web app that can do just that.

A Better Routeplanner

Optimized also for the car's browser. Love it.

In the meantime, there is this great web app that can do just that.

A Better Routeplanner

Optimized also for the car's browser. Love it.
So you just put that website on the browser on your Tesla screen and use that? I may try that. Although, even though I seem to alway has good cellular coverage, I live in Naples, FL and always seem to have at least three if not four bars. I would be concerned it would be too slow to keep up.

So you just put that website on the browser on your Tesla screen and use that? I may try that. Although, even though I seem to alway has good cellular coverage, I live in Naples, FL and always seem to have at least three if not four bars. I would be concerned it would be too slow to keep up.

I use it at home to plan our vacation trip. I make screen shots of the various "scenario's". I'll print some, also to share with my wife so she can see the route and stops ahead.
In some rare case I will use it in the car, while on AP on a long highway stretch. But it is indeed a web app built taking into account the Tesla browser's basic features, and it does work. But as mentioned by @f205v, it is slow.

The site works also great on mobile phone or tablets. I'll use it preferably on my phone when away from home to check options and times.