TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

FBN’s Gerri Willis in a 2:09 minute segment about electric cars…

Discussion in 'News' started by SwedishAdvocate, Dec 2, 2012.

1. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

2. ferrarimanf355

It's Fox Business, what did you expect?

3. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

Yeah, I guess that’s one way of phrasing it…

4. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

Wow. Just... wow. I had no idea the slant was so bad. I feel bad providing the click traffic to such a slashdash outfit.

5. Oyvind.H

Oyvind.H Member

I`ve heard people talking about Fox News before, but I`ve never watched it until now. I wonder if she`s proud of her job, or if she`s secretly ashamed?

6. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I loved how the graphic said 1 million EVs by 2037 and she said 2067 (that's assuming of course they never sell more than they did this year which is an absurd assumption).

7. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

I believe they only care about ratings. The more outrageous things you say, the better the ratings are. Happiness is when the ratings are good enough you get to keep your job. These days news is just entertainment--no actual news value. It's unfortunate that the less educated believe this drivel.

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Yah, that was a bit off.

I think it was also a bit off to even include the Model S in the discussion at all. She was going off of 2011 numbers so, if anything, it should have included the Roadster.

9. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

It was an attack piece on the President. EV's were used as the club for the attack but they were just the subtext to the overall purpose. I guess Fox hasn't realized that Obama won and he's out in four years whether they attack him or not. Or they're just playing to their audience. Maybe it's time to sic Bob Lutz on them again.

10. artsci

artsci Sponsor

She just another Fox News prostitute, along with all the Fox News male gigalos. Enough money and these people will dive into any s**t. They are a disgrace.

11. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Rational discussion? Name calling is a sign of weakness not strength of position.

12. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

While I agree, I also believe that video was a grave distortion of the facts. EV's are just getting started. Too bad there way no place to leave a comment as I would have tried to set the record straight.

13. Vger

Vger Active Member

I shudder to think how Fox News would have covered the Apollo program. "Billions wasted on another Democratic boondoggle to the stars! Everyone knows God did not mean for us to enter heaven that way!"

14. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Starting with the misleading setup she went into incorrect data then sequed into pointless comparisons and finished with a clueless conclusion. Typical Fox.

Sales of electric cars by the way are leaping something like 100, 1000, 18,000 (2011) and 36,000 and next year will see 20,000 sold Teslas alone.

15. v12 to 12v

v12 to 12v Active Member

Be gentle. They have really been struggling with arithmetic. Let's not make fun of their attempts to do some sophisticated ciphering.

16. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

This could easily spun the other direction with 1800% increase in one year, or sales doubled in one year! 36,000 for 2012 sounds a little low too.

20K Volts
    15K Leafs
    10K PIPs
    3K Model S's
    1K All others (Fisker, Imiev, FFE, Coda, and whatever else I forgot)

That's my rough estimate.

As you say next year will be a huge one for plug-ins. 20K+ Model S's, 25K-30K Volts, 15K Leafs, adding in all the Ford plug-ins too. I'd say it will easily be a doubling over this year.

And this is only in the US. Worldwide we are already seeing a surge in demand.

Obama predicted 500K on the road by 2015 and this rate says that will actually happen by the end of the year for sure.

17. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Now that made me laugh, thanks Vger!

18. chimpanzee

chimpanzee Member

#18 chimpanzee, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    If It Bleeds, It Leads: Understanding Fear-Based Media | Psychology Today

Hammer & Anvil strategy, attacking Obama:

19. jordanthompson

jordanthompson 2010 2.0 Sport, VIN 0683

I want to see what Faux News has to say when these numbers turn around. Probably not much (kinda like the in-you-face that Elon gave Romney after the debates was ignored.)

Didn't they predict the election by a landslide in the other direction also? I see a trend here...