Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of a Model 3 few months back. During the demo of the car at delivery, I was shown that the car had heated rear seats. A recent software update made the feature disappear. When I called to ask, I was told that my model should never have had this feature and it was a mistake that has now been fixed with the update and there is absolutely nothing that Tesla can do, unless I pay for a premium package which would include the feature. I cannot help but feel 'bait-and-switched'. Is there any help that consumers like me can get when companies like Tesla do this to us?

Chetan

How do you feel like it was bait and switch? If it were something you paid for and it was taken away, I would understand your frustration. I would consider you time with heated seats as a "free trial". There are sometimes sales for the different services offered for Teslas, maybe you can get a good deal during the holiday season...

I took delivery of a Model 3 few months back. During the demo of the car at delivery, I was shown that the car had heated rear seats. A recent software update made the feature disappear. When I called to ask, I was told that my model should never have had this feature and it was a mistake that has now been fixed with the update and there is absolutely nothing that Tesla can do, unless I pay for a premium package which would include the feature. I cannot help but feel 'bait-and-switched'. Is there any help that consumers like me can get when companies like Tesla do this to us?

Chetan

did you buy a Standard or Standard Plus vehicle? Standard Plus has the rear heated seats as part of the “Partial Premium” interior; Standard does not.

I'm guessing you have a SR+ and you demo'd a LR. There must have been some miscommunication because SR+ only has the partial premium interior.

Honestly, the help is to do your due diligence before buying, the information was pretty well known.

I'm guessing you have a SR+ and you demo'd a LR. There must have been some miscommunication because SR+ only has the partial premium interior.

Honestly, the help is to do your due diligence before buying, the information was pretty well known.

The feature was demo'ed in my car at the time of delivery and I had the feature for a few months. They even confirmed that some cars ended up with that configuration at sales, which has now been 'corrected'.

There was some sort of software glitch that exposed this feature to people who didn't pay for it. It was recently "fixed". There are other threads on here talking about it.

I guess because of the way Tesla is making the car they include all the same components in every car and just turn off the ones you don't pay for. Rather then simply not including them in the first place.

Only the Premium Interior has the heated rear seats.
Capture.JPG

Reactions: Kevy Baby and Dante
There was some sort of software glitch that exposed this feature to people who didn't pay for it. It was recently "fixed". There are other threads on here talking about it.

I guess because of the way Tesla is making the car they include all the same components in every car and just turn off the ones you don't pay for. Rather then simply not including them in the first place.

The decent thing to do is to give consumers whatever they buy, and not change it months after its given out

How do you feel like it was bait and switch? If it were something you paid for and it was taken away, I would understand your frustration. I would consider you time with heated seats as a "free trial". There are sometimes sales for the different services offered for Teslas, maybe you can get a good deal during the holiday season...

At demo during delivery, I was shown that this feature exists. The reason I remember this in the demo is that my kid loves heated seats at the back and was excited that he has it now.

I am told now that I had to cross-verify and presence of a feature is not really a guarantee that the package carries it, and can disappear overtime

The decent thing to do is to give consumers whatever they buy, and not change it months after its given out

It was a mistake to enable them. You happened to have the software with the bug when you picked up the car. The SC rep obviously didn't realize that you only had the "Partial" interior when they demoed the rear seats to you.

I know it sucks to have something taken away, but you technically have "whatever they buy" as you didn't pay for the feature to allow rear seat heating.

Only the Premium Interior has the heated rear seats.
View attachment 459379

yes, this is what they are using now to say that my package should never have had it and it was a misconfiguration.

I am a guy who goes by what he sees in the vehicle he has bought. I am not used to disappearing features. Guess this is the new normal now with software updates. The decent thing for Tesla to do is to create a software package for affected customers like me and send it down with an update. Its not my screw up

i wouldn't consider that a bait when you had already purchased the car and was having it delivered. you weren't baited into buying a car with rear heated seats when the documentation clearly states it's only available with premium package. bottom line...you get what you paid for.