TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Feature disappeared

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by chetanshankar, Sep 26, 2019.

1. chetanshankar

chetanshankar Member

I took delivery of a Model 3 few months back. During the demo of the car at delivery, I was shown that the car had heated rear seats. A recent software update made the feature disappear. When I called to ask, I was told that my model should never have had this feature and it was a mistake that has now been fixed with the update and there is absolutely nothing that Tesla can do, unless I pay for a premium package which would include the feature. I cannot help but feel 'bait-and-switched'. Is there any help that consumers like me can get when companies like Tesla do this to us?

Chetan

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. mswlogo

mswlogo Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever turned my rear seats on, in a year living in the Northeast and do have occasional rear seat passengers. I hardly ever even use the front ones because the heat is so instant.

• Disagree x 1
  3. qdeathstar

qdeathstar Active Member

what package did they want to sell you that included heated rear seats?

4. xxxholic

xxxholic Member

How do you feel like it was bait and switch? If it were something you paid for and it was taken away, I would understand your frustration. I would consider you time with heated seats as a "free trial". There are sometimes sales for the different services offered for Teslas, maybe you can get a good deal during the holiday season...

5. dmurphy

dmurphy Woof.

did you buy a Standard or Standard Plus vehicle? Standard Plus has the rear heated seats as part of the “Partial Premium” interior; Standard does not.

6. gyzmodo

gyzmodo Member

why is this a bait and switch? were you baited into purchasing the car because you thought you were getting rear heated seats with the non-premium package?

7. rhaekar

rhaekar Member

I'm guessing you have a SR+ and you demo'd a LR. There must have been some miscommunication because SR+ only has the partial premium interior.

Honestly, the help is to do your due diligence before buying, the information was pretty well known.

8. chetanshankar

chetanshankar Member

The feature was demo'ed in my car at the time of delivery and I had the feature for a few months. They even confirmed that some cars ended up with that configuration at sales, which has now been 'corrected'.

9. chetanshankar

chetanshankar Member

yes, i was demo'ed this feature in the car in my possession, which was taken out few months after i purchased

10. Dan203

Dan203 Active Member

There was some sort of software glitch that exposed this feature to people who didn't pay for it. It was recently "fixed". There are other threads on here talking about it.

I guess because of the way Tesla is making the car they include all the same components in every car and just turn off the ones you don't pay for. Rather then simply not including them in the first place.

11. chetanshankar

chetanshankar Member

some premium package

12. Lakeshow24

Lakeshow24 Member

Only the Premium Interior has the heated rear seats.
    Capture.JPG

• Like x 2
  13. chetanshankar

chetanshankar Member

The decent thing to do is to give consumers whatever they buy, and not change it months after its given out

14. chetanshankar

chetanshankar Member

At demo during delivery, I was shown that this feature exists. The reason I remember this in the demo is that my kid loves heated seats at the back and was excited that he has it now.

I am told now that I had to cross-verify and presence of a feature is not really a guarantee that the package carries it, and can disappear overtime

15. VT_EE

VT_EE Active Member

But you didn’t buy it. I don’t see what the issue is here.

16. Dan203

Dan203 Active Member

It was a mistake to enable them. You happened to have the software with the bug when you picked up the car. The SC rep obviously didn't realize that you only had the "Partial" interior when they demoed the rear seats to you.

I know it sucks to have something taken away, but you technically have "whatever they buy" as you didn't pay for the feature to allow rear seat heating.

17. chetanshankar

chetanshankar Member

yes, this is what they are using now to say that my package should never have had it and it was a misconfiguration.

I am a guy who goes by what he sees in the vehicle he has bought. I am not used to disappearing features. Guess this is the new normal now with software updates. The decent thing for Tesla to do is to create a software package for affected customers like me and send it down with an update. Its not my screw up

18. gyzmodo

gyzmodo Member

i wouldn't consider that a bait when you had already purchased the car and was having it delivered. you weren't baited into buying a car with rear heated seats when the documentation clearly states it's only available with premium package. bottom line...you get what you paid for.

19. xxxholic

xxxholic Member

Have you tired explaining your ordeal with your demo technician and maybe the manager. Technically at the end of the day, you did get what you paid for.

20. CarterStC

CarterStC Member

LOL!
    Millennials!

• Funny x 3
  21. Knightshade

Knightshade Well-Known Member

They did.

Plus an additional one you did not pay for, which they then corrected.

• Like x 1