Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature idea for ride height and GPS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a terrible road that we frequently drive on - with ridiculously high speed bumps.
The speed bumps are so high that it is preferable to put the suspension on a higher setting.
It would be cool if you could hit the control to put the suspension to the max height setting and then have the car use the GPS coordinates to remember that setting - so that every time we approach that road, the car will remember to rise up to the max height setting by itself.

There is a terrible road that we frequently drive on - with ridiculously high speed bumps.
The speed bumps are so high that it is preferable to put the suspension on a higher setting.
It would be cool if you could hit the control to put the suspension to the max height setting and then have the car use the GPS coordinates to remember that setting - so that every time we approach that road, the car will remember to rise up to the max height setting by itself.

I couldn't agree more. I've seen a similar suggestion on the official Tesla forums, and I've written to ownership myself to request it – so there are plenty who would benefit. In my case, I can't make it down my driveway without bottoming out unless the car is in Very High. I just know that there will be a day when I forget because I'm dealing with something else.

I couldn't agree more. I've seen a similar suggestion on the official Tesla forums, and I've written to ownership myself to request it – so there are plenty who would benefit. In my case, I can't make it down my driveway without bottoming out unless the car is in Very High. I just know that there will be a day when I forget because I'm dealing with something else.

The big problem with this is that it isn't guaranteed to work 100% of the time without fail. If you get used to relying on this behaviour (e.g. don't slow down) and it doesn't work one time...

On the street by my house people went 50 or 60 mph (limit is 30 and it's an access road only about ten blocks long). People would actually go off the road and into my side yard (until I put in a stone wall--funny how that works). No amount of enforcement stopped this. Speed pads every couple of blocks did. So I'm not really keen on a setting that lets you ignore the speed bumps. (I do agree with Richkae that there are some poorly designed speed bumps.)