Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature Identification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for used P90d/P100D's in the 2016-2018 range. Lots of dealers don't disclose the features well, so I'm hoping for a little help on a few:

1) Hi-Fi sound - are there any screens that help ID it? Few dealers photograph the sub location. Can you ID the larger door speakers or extra dash speakers?
2) Premium Package - are there any visual ways to ID it? Is the dark/alacantra headliner the best way, or can you buy the headliner without premium?
3) Is the climate control screen the only possible way to ID the sub-zero package?
4) Do all P100D's have Ludicrous/Ludicrous + mode? Is the bar under the "P100D" in the display a fairly reliable indicator? (they don't always photograph the driving modes screen)
5) Were there more than 1 color of red used from 2016-2018? Some have a maroon appearance, and some more a fire truck red. I can't tell if this is lighting or different paint.

Excited to get this model X, but there is certainly a learning curve.

Last edited:
Anyone? I feel like the blind leading the blind when I call these dealers.

Sorry, I was waiting for my X to be delivered before I replied, so I could see what's actually reported. Here's the screenshots from our brand new 2020 LR+ "Raven".

The good news is that most everything you are looking for is available on the in-dash screen. Have the dealer touch the Car icon in the bottom left of the screen, and then choose "Software".

The vehicle description will tell you much of what you're looking for. Especially around whether it's a P100D etc. FSD status, Premium Connectivity status are also on that screen.

Now have them click on the "Additional Vehicle Information" and almost everything you're asking for will appear.
Autopilot Computer: "Full Self-Driving Computer" means the latest HW3 system. If the first screen shows "Full Self Driving Capability: Included package" but you DON'T see "Full Self-Driving Computer" in this screen, it's eligible for a free upgrade to HW3. (In other words - the car has the FSD package but still has the older Autopilot computer.)
Infotainment Processor: Intel Atom means the MCU2 system; anything else means MCU1.

Really great screen to examine - I wish all dealers would include this in their screenshots!

Good luck, good hunting and you will LOVE this vehicle - we love both of our Teslas!

0DD4A0CF-5D3E-43F7-A11C-E6F43E3988E8.jpeg
473E161C-E217-4815-B226-F29ACBDA289D.jpeg

Sorry, I was waiting for my X to be delivered before I replied, so I could see what's actually reported. Here's the screenshots from our brand new 2020 LR+ "Raven".

The good news is that most everything you are looking for is available on the in-dash screen. Have the dealer touch the Car icon in the bottom left of the screen, and then choose "Software".

The vehicle description will tell you much of what you're looking for. Especially around whether it's a P100D etc. FSD status, Premium Connectivity status are also on that screen.

Now have them click on the "Additional Vehicle Information" and almost everything you're asking for will appear.
Autopilot Computer: "Full Self-Driving Computer" means the latest HW3 system. If the first screen shows "Full Self Driving Capability: Included package" but you DON'T see "Full Self-Driving Computer" in this screen, it's eligible for a free upgrade to HW3. (In other words - the car has the FSD package but still has the older Autopilot computer.)
Infotainment Processor: Intel Atom means the MCU2 system; anything else means MCU1.

Really great screen to examine - I wish all dealers would include this in their screenshots!

Good luck, good hunting and you will LOVE this vehicle - we love both of our Teslas!

View attachment 559394 View attachment 559395

Daaauuumn, that's a nice X.