Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature request - automatic air recycle in tunnel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in the Alpine part of Switzerland, and one of the most common road feature here are tunnels.
Tesla knows when I get in a tunnel, because autopilot goes from NOA to standard when entering long tunnels, and back to NOA on exiting.
Every time I get in a long tunnel I need to tap the climate button and set the air recycling, again 2 taps when I exit the tunnel to go back to free-flow.
It would be GREAT (maybe via a setting in the setup) if the car would switch from free-flow to recycle and back automatically while entering and exiting tunnels.

I live in the Alpine part of Switzerland, and one of the most common road feature here are tunnels.
Tesla knows when I get in a tunnel, because autopilot goes from NOA to standard when entering long tunnels, and back to NOA on exiting.
Every time I get in a long tunnel I need to tap the climate button and set the air recycling, again 2 taps when I exit the tunnel to go back to free-flow.
It would be GREAT (maybe via a setting in the setup) if the car would switch from free-flow to recycle and back automatically while entering and exiting tunnels.
Good idea. Even in Boring Company tunnels with only electric vehicle traffic, the tunnel air is probably going to be less pleasant than open air.

This would be great when driving near cattle ranches, too. It could be like air suspension where the car remembers where we set it and then turned it off.

Reactions: X-pilot