Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature request: Blindspot images on instrument cluster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you signal, the blind spot cameras should show up on the instrument cluster

I totally agree with you, the current state of that feature is just a lazy implementation on Tesla's part.

The video feed from the side repeater cameras should come up just like Hyundai/Kia vehicles:

Instrument Cluster is not able to render video images.

Not if Tesla has anything to do with it... but it technically can.

MCU2's Instrument Cluster is just a display, it just projects what the MCU tells it to, you just need to tell it to display the camera feed from the corresponding side repeater when you turn on your blinker:

Reactions: Cyb_ and oktane
It only displays rudimentary, low-res images. I’ve tried to find the resolution and display capabilities online, but no luck. However, just by looking at what is displayed on my Plaid IC, it is basic pre-determined graphic objects such as alpha-numeric, basic mapping, etc. I could be wrong, and Tesla just chooses to “dumb it down”, but I think it is more of lack of capability.

• Disagree
Reactions: serendipitous
Looking at the design of the MCU, it's just another screen for the AMD Ryzen setup on the 2021 refresh and the same goes for the MCU2 Intel Atom equipped cars... all screens should be able to display anything as this isn't like the older Teslas where the gauge cluster and the MCU were two separate Nvidia Tegra computers.

Considering the high frame rate 3D animation on the gauge cluster there should be no reason for this to be a problem on the refresh 2021 but there might be some other issue on the MCU2 based systems that we are not aware of.

I'm guessing it's just lazy coding because the S is much lower volume than the 3 and the Y and they probably try to keep the codebase as similar as possible.

Reactions: Art VandeIay