TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Feature request for Tesla

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Krypto Kat, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Krypto Kat

Krypto Kat Member

1. Add a shortcut to the heated steering wheel, it can be placed right next to the heated seat icon. (like in my Volvo). And hold that setting so that I don't have to turn it on every time I get in the car all winter long.

2. Add night mode icon so I can dim the entire cabin to bare essential Speed and Range info only. Have had older cars with this feature comes in handy during night driving.

• Like x 1
  2. MS_Dream

MS_Dream Member

Add padles to the steering wheel to increase the regen when you need it. Or add a third level of regen.

Add an option to save separate equalizer settings for each source.

Add a scheduled notification to the app to remind me to plugin if the range falls below a pre-determined level and the vehicle is not charging.

3. Krypto Kat

Krypto Kat Member

I second that, just learn from the BMW i3.

4. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

Huh? The i3 doesn't have that, unless they added it to the 2017. The Chevy Bolt has it though.

5. Krypto Kat

Krypto Kat Member

Sorry I meant heavier regen not the paddles.

6. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

I actually checked my i3 this morning to make sure I wasn't missing the paddles, lol. Yes, the regen on the i3 is strong.

7. henderrj

henderrj Member

Soft close doors. That's one feature I really miss from my S Class. I think the X already has that. Suppose it will make it to the S soon enough.

8. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

Would be nice to shut off backlight of center console entirely, much the same as when it reboots and it's off.

• Like x 1
  9. bee boo

bee boo Member

Auto Hold - we have hill assist now and it activate by press harder on the break. Many cars have auto hold when you press and the brake and complete stop, it will auto hold. There is no need to press harder on the brake to activate it.

10. henderrj

henderrj Member

A one click, one time, charge to 100% option. It could just be on the phone app or available on the screen as well. There are lots of times when I want to just charge 100% a single time before I go on a trip. Sure would be nice! (This is actually a repeat, sorry, I forgot this threat existed!)

11. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

Do you have creep on? Set it to off and the hill hold engages WAY easier

12. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

I recommend you go over to Teslatap.com. He maintains an ongoing list and description of requested and filled features. The difference is his approach accepts votes from people. So when the request is reported it includes the number of people/voters that are interested in that feature.

13. supratachophobia

They should reassign the cruise stalk button for those of us that have it.

14. David29

David29 Member

But I like my cruise stalk button the way it is.

This is why definition of requirements is so hard. Very easy to specify solutions instead of outcomes.

And maybe why, as someone suggested above, request lists work better if there can be a voting mechanism!

15. scottm

scottm Active Member

..don't need paddles for regen boost when the brake pedal could provide a third level of regen...

a very light press on the brake pedal that is enough to activate the brake switch (brake lights on) but not enough to squeeze friction materials together could be all the signal needed to "MAX REGEN NOW" ... your choice to invoke it. This should be the default for the brake pedal anyway.

Since the other two levels "low" and "standard" only apply to accelerator pedal lift-off.

This would be more natural way of driving using just pedals instead of nerdy paddles for regen.

16. supratachophobia

Which is why you allow the user to assign it, problem solved. Some drop down list. Much the same way your assign the right scroll wheel.

• Like x 1