Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature request for Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. Add a shortcut to the heated steering wheel, it can be placed right next to the heated seat icon. (like in my Volvo). And hold that setting so that I don't have to turn it on every time I get in the car all winter long.

2. Add night mode icon so I can dim the entire cabin to bare essential Speed and Range info only. Have had older cars with this feature comes in handy during night driving.

Reactions: ThisIsTrue
Add padles to the steering wheel to increase the regen when you need it. Or add a third level of regen.

Add an option to save separate equalizer settings for each source.

Add a scheduled notification to the app to remind me to plugin if the range falls below a pre-determined level and the vehicle is not charging.

1. Add a shortcut to the heated steering wheel, it can be placed right next to the heated seat icon. (like in my Volvo). And hold that setting so that I don't have to turn it on every time I get in the car all winter long.

2. Add night mode icon so I can dim the entire cabin to bare essential Speed and Range info only. Have had older cars with this feature comes in handy during night driving.
Would be nice to shut off backlight of center console entirely, much the same as when it reboots and it's off.

Reactions: scottm
Auto Hold - we have hill assist now and it activate by press harder on the break. Many cars have auto hold when you press and the brake and complete stop, it will auto hold. There is no need to press harder on the brake to activate it.

A one click, one time, charge to 100% option. It could just be on the phone app or available on the screen as well. There are lots of times when I want to just charge 100% a single time before I go on a trip. Sure would be nice! (This is actually a repeat, sorry, I forgot this threat existed!)

I recommend you go over to Teslatap.com. He maintains an ongoing list and description of requested and filled features. The difference is his approach accepts votes from people. So when the request is reported it includes the number of people/voters that are interested in that feature.

• Informative
Reactions: Amit519 and David29

They should reassign the cruise stalk button for those of us that have it.

Add padles to the steering wheel to increase the regen when you need it. Or add a third level of regen.

..don't need paddles for regen boost when the brake pedal could provide a third level of regen...

a very light press on the brake pedal that is enough to activate the brake switch (brake lights on) but not enough to squeeze friction materials together could be all the signal needed to "MAX REGEN NOW" ... your choice to invoke it. This should be the default for the brake pedal anyway.

Since the other two levels "low" and "standard" only apply to accelerator pedal lift-off.

This would be more natural way of driving using just pedals instead of nerdy paddles for regen.

But I like my cruise stalk button the way it is.

This is why definition of requirements is so hard. Very easy to specify solutions instead of outcomes.

And maybe why, as someone suggested above, request lists work better if there can be a voting mechanism!
Which is why you allow the user to assign it, problem solved. Some drop down list. Much the same way your assign the right scroll wheel.

Reactions: David29
If the car already has so many cameras, we shouldn't have to buy another one and install it inside the car. Doesn't it make sense that the car lets us replay the video from them if needed?

I think that would be a great addition to the car!

If the car already has so many cameras, we shouldn't have to buy another one and install it inside the car. Doesn't it make sense that the car lets us replay the video from them if needed?

I think that would be a great addition to the car!
No, it can't replay video. Its not recording and storing video. You have no way to get it off the car if it did record/save and replay it anyway.

The simple approach is IF you want the security and safety of a dashcam, add one.