TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Feature request for walk away lock - configurable horn tweet

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by MarkBrokeIt, Jun 3, 2018.

1. bsd107

bsd107 Member

How do I turn off the horn honking when the car locks? I just got a Model 3, I park behind the house, and this is going to make the neighbors hate me already. I NEED to turn this off! Thanks!

• Like x 1
  2. EVnut

EVnut DARΞLL

tap Controls -> Locks -> Settings -> Lock Confirmation Sound.

• Helpful x 1
  3. EVnut

EVnut DARΞLL

Please go through all the controls and familiarize yourself with what's available. And remember to scroll down on several of the pages to see them all. The owner's manual is also there on the screen for you, and is searchable.

4. bsd107

bsd107 Member

Thanks for this!

5. EVnut

EVnut DARΞLL

Happy to help a new owner, and keep the peace.

A tip for being able to determine from a distance that the car is locked even without the chirp: Set the mirrors to auto-fold. Then if the mirrors are folded, the car is locked.

• Helpful x 1
  6. mrbulk

mrbulk Member

When locking I would like the nav voice to announce over the external speaker (like the programmable horn we were supposed to get), "Sentry mode, on" or whatever we program it to say.

7. rtshefe

rtshefe Member

another way to determine if you car is locked

THE APP

• Like x 1
  8. scaesare

scaesare Well-Known Member

Or rotate through these sounds:

9. EVnut

EVnut DARΞLL

Indeed. That’s the best way when you’re out of view of the car. But looking at the mirrors requires no extra steps.

10. daniel

daniel Active Member

Using the app is a pain in the butt. It requires pulling out the phone, unlocking the screen, launching the app, and waiting for it to connect (it's sloooooooooow). Then I have to get out my reading glasses and search for whatever I want.

I listen for the quiet, unobtrusive beep, or look at the mirrors.

• Like x 1
  11. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Active Member

When is Tesla gonna make their app Apple Watch compatible? I would love a complication that shows the status of the car at a glance. Green for unlocked, red for locked. Show the charge rate or range when not charging...