Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature request: Location based trunk opening height

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to program a lower trunk opening height to prevent the trunk lid from hitting my garage door at home. But every where else I'd like the trunk to fully open.
I think they should make the trunk opening height location based, just like the height of the suspension or the time when it starts charging.

I had to program a lower trunk opening height to prevent the trunk lid from hitting my garage door at home. But every where else I'd like the trunk to fully open.
I think they should make the trunk opening height location based, just like the height of the suspension or the time when it starts charging.

I like this idea. My parents' garage is way lower than mine.

I like it too. But I did find one very handy use for the carbon spolier... My work garage has some low spots and I always forget about them. The spoiler has hit the ceiling several times and not one scratch.

A long time ago, I opened the trunk in a parking garage with high ceilings, but what I didn't see were the low sprinkler pipes that I happened to park under. Fixing the chip might cost more than the spoiler to hide it...

As a tall person with a short garage, I fully agree! I can't open it any higher at home or I'll hit the roof for sure, but I'm getting awful tired of hitting my head on it everywhere else I park.

Instead of requiring you to program the height, why not put sensors on it so that it senses obstacles and stops automatically?

That would only work for vehicles built going forward, not ours.

I love this idea as well. My carport at my office has a fairly sloped ceiling. One day while showing the third row seats to someone, I opened it and "clunk!" it hit the top. Thankfully, I had a good layer of Cquartz on the paint and the white paint was just wiped right off of my car. However, to prevent that happening again the future, I programmed it to stay just shy of it there. However, at home I'm always having to manually push it up because I'd like the extra clearance.

Great suggestion.