TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Feature Request: Mirror auto fold tied to HomeLink

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by ratsbew, Jul 18, 2018.

1. ratsbew

ratsbew Member

My garage is pretty narrow. It would be nice if the mirrors folded when I approach my house and unfold as I drive away. It seems like it should be a pretty simple software update.

Useful for anyone else?

• Like x 4
  2. Chips

Chips Member

Uh, yes, yes, and YES :)

• Like x 1
  3. M0DEL³

M0DEL³ Member

Yes. I suspect this will eventually happen, but right now the dev teams are busy whacking bigger moles. I would hope this in on a Future tasks list somewhere.

• Like x 1
  4. CaptainScavo

CaptainScavo Member

Yes

• Like x 1
  5. dduffey

dduffey Member

Yes. Although I like the mirrors out when backing out in order to see the sides of the car. I would like a quick button (similar to auto park) on the rear view camera to fold/unfold mirrors.

• Like x 1
  6. JoganJani

JoganJani Member

Summon feature videos show that mirrors are closed when driving into the garage. So does it not exist right now?

• Like x 1
  7. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

As long as it's a toggle option... I use my mirrors a lot to help with my alignment so I wouldn't want them to fold until I was in P.

Jeff

• Like x 2
  8. Atoms

Atoms Member

Top of my feature requests, AFTER all the bugs are fixed please.

9. trunkmonkey

trunkmonkey Member

I was surprised it didn't have this as a toggle somewhere. I also noticed that I fold my mirrors when I pull into my garage, but the next morning when I get in and back out, they are still folded and the screen makes me click "Fold" and then "Unfold". It doesn't remember what state they were in the night before.

• Like x 1
  10. tivoboy

tivoboy Member

yes, want this. Homelink is a modal pop up, getting to FOLD MIRRORS is a sub menu. It would have to be selectable though and maybe dynamic as people who BACK IN probably want external mirrors. Those who front in, probably don't. Might be cool if we could HomeLink and if in R no fold till shut down, if in D then selected to FOLD occurs.

• Like x 1
  11. dduffey

dduffey Member

In home link setup (check boxes):
    [ ] Fold mirrors on approach
    [ ] Fold mirrors on departure

The first will fold mirrors a couple seconds after opening, the second will fold mirrors when putting in gear

Plus toggle mirror button next to rear view camera/charging button on the default card (lower left section of screen) to avoid digging into menus.

• Like x 1
  12. ratsbew

ratsbew Member

All very good solutions. I think having a dedicated button like the backup camera is a good idea. Model S/X have a hardware button to fold the mirrors so it must be important!

• Like x 1
  13. Scrutmonkey

Scrutmonkey Member

#13 Scrutmonkey, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    I believe there is a "fold/unfold" button already on the "Quick" tabs.

Or do you mean on the lower left with the "Rear Camera, Charge" card?

it would be cool if it sensed the HOMELINK proximity and automatically popped up a manual "Fold/unfold" card or have a setting where on connection the mirrors will fold but when the Homelink is no longer sensed, it unfolds. i'm just saying this method since a lot of us probably don't have a garage opener that has separate signals for Open and Close.

I park forward into the garage but backing out in the morning, I use the mirrors and rear view camera. But i think the camera itself is fine for my instance.

14. PORSCHEMAN

PORSCHEMAN New Member

Yes, I had to fold mirrors each time I enter the garage.
    This will be a good feature.