Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature Request: Mirror auto fold tied to HomeLink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My garage is pretty narrow. It would be nice if the mirrors folded when I approach my house and unfold as I drive away. It seems like it should be a pretty simple software update.

Useful for anyone else?

As long as it's a toggle option... I use my mirrors a lot to help with my alignment so I wouldn't want them to fold until I was in P.

Jeff

I was surprised it didn't have this as a toggle somewhere. I also noticed that I fold my mirrors when I pull into my garage, but the next morning when I get in and back out, they are still folded and the screen makes me click "Fold" and then "Unfold". It doesn't remember what state they were in the night before.

Reactions: Atoms
yes, want this. Homelink is a modal pop up, getting to FOLD MIRRORS is a sub menu. It would have to be selectable though and maybe dynamic as people who BACK IN probably want external mirrors. Those who front in, probably don't. Might be cool if we could HomeLink and if in R no fold till shut down, if in D then selected to FOLD occurs.

In home link setup (check boxes):
[ ] Fold mirrors on approach
[ ] Fold mirrors on departure

The first will fold mirrors a couple seconds after opening, the second will fold mirrors when putting in gear

Plus toggle mirror button next to rear view camera/charging button on the default card (lower left section of screen) to avoid digging into menus.

All very good solutions. I think having a dedicated button like the backup camera is a good idea. Model S/X have a hardware button to fold the mirrors so it must be important!

I believe there is a "fold/unfold" button already on the "Quick" tabs.

Or do you mean on the lower left with the "Rear Camera, Charge" card?

it would be cool if it sensed the HOMELINK proximity and automatically popped up a manual "Fold/unfold" card or have a setting where on connection the mirrors will fold but when the Homelink is no longer sensed, it unfolds. i'm just saying this method since a lot of us probably don't have a garage opener that has separate signals for Open and Close.

I park forward into the garage but backing out in the morning, I use the mirrors and rear view camera. But i think the camera itself is fine for my instance.

Last edited:
Well, with 36.2 at least we have a FOLD/UNFOLD button that knows what state the mirrors are in, so at least it is ONE LESS button press. Now if we could just get the ability to add the button to the HOMELINK button so it's right there on the screen and not in the sub menu.

some progress.

This is the first thing I noticed and I've only had the car 12 hours... How is this not a thing?! Also there needs to be a "quick wipe" button. The auto wipers wait too long to come on in a light mist.