Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature Request - Poll?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was mentioned earlier that maybe a petition could be raised to push for the addition of a browser for the Australian (+New Zealand?) versions of the Model S. Wondering if we could have a poll created to gauge the desires of what the majority would like at this time.

Maybe a list of 10? desirable features we would like added to the Model S.
Not having owned a premium car, others may be able to put features forward to be included in a poll.

1. An internet browser (similar to i3?)
2. LED/Laser headlights
3. Ability to add waypoints on the navigation
4. Authorisation to be able to tow a light trailer. (Do others take green waste/rubbish to the tip?) Aren't they working on that for the Model X? Probably caravan too.
etc

These are only suggestions and none have to be included in the poll, but maybe this could raise the feature desire of Tesla owners/Enthusiasts/Followers in Oz.
It would be handy if this was Australianised as the Browser feature has always been available in the US and Europe I believe.

What do you think?

It was mentioned earlier that maybe a petition could be raised to push for the addition of a browser for the Australian (+New Zealand?) versions of the Model S. Wondering if we could have a poll created to gauge the desires of what the majority would like at this time.

Maybe a list of 10? desirable features we would like added to the Model S.
Not having owned a premium car, others may be able to put features forward to be included in a poll.

1. An internet browser (similar to i3?)
2. LED/Laser headlights
3. Ability to add waypoints on the navigation
4. Authorisation to be able to tow a light trailer. (Do others take green waste/rubbish to the tip?) Aren't they working on that for the Model X? Probably caravan too.
etc

These are only suggestions and none have to be included in the poll, but maybe this could raise the feature desire of Tesla owners/Enthusiasts/Followers in Oz.
It would be handy if this was Australianised as the Browser feature has always been available in the US and Europe I believe.

What do you think?

I think homelink or a similar package should be included. I had it on my old BMW so I can't understand why they are not able to provide it for the OZ market. Browser would also be good.

My 2 cents worth:
1. Browser as USA (forget i3). Is this subject to Oz rules or just Telstra larceny?
2. LED/LASER headlights - MEH
3. Waypoints would be nice.
4. Forget the trolley.
5. Anti-rollback once the car comes to a stop (without CC).
6. No other asks; just keep up the development...

My 2 cents worth:
1. Browser as USA (forget i3). Is this subject to Oz rules or just Telstra larceny?

Browser limitation is part of the stupid Oz attempt to legislate driver concentration. However Tesla's response is over the top, since a browser is allowed provided it only operates below a certain speed. You would have thought it was trivial for Tesla to disable the function at the speed limit rather than simply remove the whole thing.

There is a big difference in requests like a browser that can be applied to existing cars, versus hardware changes like LED lights.

Personal preferences

Upgrade to existing fleet ...
Better sat nav and with waypoints.
A browser
Programmable and password protected valet mode.

Hardware changes

Ventilated seats.
Tow bar capability.
Door pockets

I'd like to be able to log charge time, amount and location as well as distance and have the car post these in my calendar (since it syncs the phone calendar to the car. It would be helpful way to automatically do a vehicle log for tax purposes

Actually doctorwho - what you have hit upon really is a specific instance of Tesla letting people open up the OS for third party apps to run. In this case, you would run the TaxApp. Or even the ATOApp.

So there would be tons of other apps that third parties could write for the centre console. And it doesn't have to interfere with the other programs. Just give us a dedicated ThirdParty App logo at the top. And when you click on that, you get a folder of all the installed Apps. They could run from there. And you could access it and put stuff on to it from the MyTesla account say... Hell I'd even pay a subscription service for that crap. Tesla... you listening? I'm giving you pearls here...

Actually doctorwho - what you have hit upon really is a specific instance of Tesla letting people open up the OS for third party apps to run. In this case, you would run the TaxApp. Or even the ATOApp.

So there would be tons of other apps that third parties could write for the centre console. And it doesn't have to interfere with the other programs. Just give us a dedicated ThirdParty App logo at the top. And when you click on that, you get a folder of all the installed Apps. They could run from there. And you could access it and put stuff on to it from the MyTesla account say... Hell I'd even pay a subscription service for that crap. Tesla... you listening? I'm giving you pearls here...
Something for the new UI perhaps?

Rear cross traffic alerts would be nice.
A speed LIMITER that interacts with the speed sign recognition (without enabling cruise control).
Speed limiter should also brake (regen) going down hill to prevent over speed.
Built in WIFI enabled CrashCam (front as a minimum, front & rear preferable).

Rear cross traffic alerts would be nice.
A speed LIMITER that interacts with the speed sign recognition (without enabling cruise control).
Speed limiter should also brake (regen) going down hill to prevent over speed.
Built in WIFI enabled CrashCam (front as a minimum, front & rear preferable).

Given how often the car recognises school zone signs when outside operational time, 40 signs on the back of buses, speed signs on off ramps when you are staying in the motorway or reads 80 as 30, I absolutely do NOT want to use a speed limiter function unless I want someone rear ending the car!

Given how often the car recognises school zone signs when outside operational time, 40 signs on the back of buses, speed signs on off ramps when you are staying in the motorway or reads 80 as 30, I absolutely do NOT want to use a speed limiter function unless I want someone rear ending the car!

I still think you could implement that on an advisory basis. The car pops the new speed limit up on the dash and If you pull back on the cruise control (Resume) it will set the new speed limit into cruise and adjust speed. If you do nothing or push the cruise control away (Cancel) it will do nothing.

Last edited:
I still think you could implement that on an advisory basis. The car pops the new speed limit up on the dash and If you pull back on the cruise control (Resume) it will set the new speed limit into cruise and adjust speed. If you do nothing or push the cruise control away (Cancel) it will do nothing.

It already does that! Once the correctly read speed sign pops up pull the cruise stalk towards you for 2 seconds and it sets it to that speed (+/- any offset you have specified in the settings). I am very happy with it when I get to make the call, just not so keen to let it automatically adjust to what it thinks the speed is!

It already does that! Once the correctly read speed sign pops up pull the cruise stalk towards you for 2 seconds and it sets it to that speed (+/- any offset you have specified in the settings). I am very happy with it when I get to make the call, just not so keen to let it automatically adjust to what it thinks the speed is!
Your right!
Note to self always download a new Owners Manual after a significant software update. :redface:

Wow. I'd totally missed that too. I almost want to take the car out now just to test that!

1. Browser as per US (limited to park/still like other cars ins Aus)
2. I use podcasts and audio books on USB and need a) fast forward and reverse and b) remember where I'm up to after switching to radio (or a OTA upgrade). My previous three cars had this and it shits me trying to use the slider to find out where I'm up to.
3. Front Lights on when opening car at night. (Again like Merc and Audi do).

All possible with software updates..

G'Day TesAus, your comments are noted, however the function should be available as an option at least.
I've driven a Merc GLA in Germany that had this, but my own C class MB here has a 'manual' system that requires me to set initially, & re-set manually whenever I pass a speed sign (can get very tedious - the automatic system is much better).
Driving a vehicle with a speed limiter feels just as strange as regen does on the MS... Lets say you set the limiter to 60Kph, you accellerate, and as you get to 60, it simply won't go any faster. Press your foot down some more, and nothing happens (preventing you from speeding). In an emergency situation, if you FLOOR the gas pedal the limiter is cancelled. If you are going down hill, the limiter applies the brakes and will not let you speed. This is where tailgaters can get close - and why I have a 2nd crashcam in the back window - along with a 'smile for the camera' sticker to remind them they are being recorded. It's amazing how effective the sticker is. People see it & almost everyone backs off a bit.

To me, it's not a deal breaker though, it's just something I'd like. I have it now, and would like it again.

Cheers, Greg.