Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature Request: Push notification for car trouble

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently got off work at around 11pm at night, and walked out to my Model S having a flat tire due to a nail. I'm not very active on twitter or anything. But what do you guys think about bringing up the idea of (to Musk) push notifications via the Tesla app from the car incase of car trouble like a flat? I have no idea how long it was sitting there with a flat tire but had I known about it before 11pm, I could have made other arrangements. It was completely flat, and I had it parked for near 8 hours so the car probably knew it long before 11pm. It alerted me as soon as I opened the door. I figure a car with so much tech could notify you via the app that the car a flat or any sort of major car trouble that would require prompt eval/fixing so you can plan better?

Reactions: Nauti-Boy
I like the idea and I have seen comments that the car can send messages it detects some problems but I fear a puncture will not be one of them.

Unfortunately, our Model 3 only seems to access the tpms when it has been driven for a short while so it will not detect a flat when sitting idle unless things radically change on the monitoring side. Its a shame that the Model 3 tpms is so late being accessed (my other car picks it up before it has driven off) as if I did have a puncture, I would not know about it until I had driven up the road some distance, rather too late to easily do something about it.

Last edited: