Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature Request - "Ring" style sentry mode - Push notifications with motion, video stream...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if we can get this to Elon's twitter feed!

A great enhancement to sentry mode would to enable the car to push notifications to your phone when motion is detected similar to a ring doorbell. When you click the notification it then streams the video feed to your phone. Along with the new pedestrian speaker in front, you can also talk to the possible suspect from your phone.

"Ring" style sentry mode - Push notifications with motion

I’d like that too but from a practical perspective, I suspect it would consume a lot of data and drive the price of premium connectivity much higher than 9.99/mo.

I would be satisfied with the ability to Bluetooth stream the videos to my phone or to review them on the screen in the car.

Reactions: Akikiki
I've had my car for 3 days. So much awesome. My expectations were high but Geezy Pete... what a machine.

However, comparing a $200 Ring Doorbell vs a $40,000 Tesla? Ring wins this contest.

Solution -
Buy a $190 droid phone with a Wifi hotspot.
Buy JB weld at the Depot. $10 should do it.
Buy four Ring Pros, $800 in the tank.

For $1000 one could JB Weld four Ring Pro doorbells to the exterior of their vehicle, connect them to a burner phone inside the car and crush the features of Sentry Mode. Two way audio, push notifications on motions sense, ect.

If anyone wants to jump on that grenade I'm certain the video would make it to Elon and Sentry Mode would be updated in days.

would now be a good time to point out that ring makes full use of its permanent, hardwired internet connection.
Making the assumption that most folks pay upwards of $50-60 or more a month for internet at home
Also assuming you're paying the $10 a month for the not very fast connectivity package on your car . . . .
Not surprising Ring can do what it does and Sentry doesn't