Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Feature Request] Tire Pressure Display While Driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I start out driving I usually check my tire pressures since it is fairly easy to do but tapping down 2 levels on the screen does distract my driving a little.The pressure is identical for all 4 tires when I start out and if I see one tire 3 or more lbs lower than the others I would assume a slow leak. I do know that the car displays a tire pressure warning if the pressure of a tire is out of range but I believe the pressure drop has to be fairly substantial to trigger it.

Does anyone think that it would be a good idea to have small tire pressure numbers displayed above the energy bar all the time while driving? Perhaps Tesla could have the color change on a number if one tire's pressure starts to deviate from the other tires; set it up something like this:

42 39
42 42

Drivers would be able to see a problem just as it is starting. This feature could also reduce service requests to Tesla for disabled cars on the highway.

When I start out driving I usually check my tire pressures since it is fairly easy to do but tapping down 2 levels on the screen does distract my driving a little.The pressure is identical for all 4 tires when I start out and if I see one tire 3 or more lbs lower than the others I would assume a slow leak. I do know that the car displays a tire pressure warning if the pressure of a tire is out of range but I believe the pressure drop has to be fairly substantial to trigger it.

Does anyone think that it would be a good idea to have small tire pressure numbers displayed above the energy bar all the time while driving? Perhaps Tesla could have the color change on a number if one tire's pressure starts to deviate from the other tires; set it up something like this:

42 39
42 42

Drivers would be able to see a problem just as it is starting. This feature could also reduce service requests to Tesla for disabled cars on the highway.
Agreed.

I found constant tire pressure very useful.

I have Model X and I set it up to constantly display on the left of my instrument panel.

42 39
42 42

The car had this feature prior to v11 which was forced upon us December of 2021. There were "cards" that could be opened at the bottom left of the screen. One displayed all four tire pressures or you could have a different one that displayed trip odometers. They could be left up while driving and they didn't block any other information. The cards are no longer a feature with v11 and now tire pressures and odometers are buried in the menus. To leave them up while driving now covers the map display.

Also there used to be a voice command "tire pressure" that would open the tire pressure card. This voice command no longer works either.

It's almost been a year since v11 was released. Some shortcomings of v11 have been fixed but I doubt this functionality will be returning.

As noted above, version 11 sacrificed the concept of “vehicle operator information cluster” for “clean desktop experience”, eliminating the ability to quickly access key vehicle controls or display key information at a glance.

Among the many tragedies, it is no longer possible to:
  • Turn on/off fog lights with a single tap;
  • See tire pressure information concurrently with any other major screen, including energy usage or nav map;
  • View the trip computer concurrently with the nav map;
  • View audio controls concurrently with the energy display;
  • etc.
Tesla really needs to redesign the entire display focused around safely operating the vehicle: get rid of the video game visualizer wasting the entire left third of the display, and replace it with quick controls and instrumentation gauges; use larger buttons that don’t require precise fine-motor control to use while driving; use larger fonts that are easier to read on split-second glance. I digress…

All I do is press the right scroll button and say, "Tire pressure." Presto.
I have a different question- I got the low pressure tire warning and gave the command to display tire pressures, and I pumped them up. But now, how did I get rid of the display and go back to an empty screen? Help!

Attachments

• B9D2235B-69A6-4FF2-9188-9AEC3744B4FB.jpeg
    B9D2235B-69A6-4FF2-9188-9AEC3744B4FB.jpeg
    451.4 KB · Views: 105
I have a different question- I got the low pressure tire warning and gave the command to display tire pressures, and I pumped them up. But now, how did I get rid of the display and go back to an empty screen? Help!
Hold in your right scroll wheel until a menu pops up. Then scroll up to the top (I think) which is a blank screen. Then click the scroll wheel once to select.

This was the exact reason that I just installed the ultra mini display from hansshow. It has a few quirks but it does exactly what you want.

Attachments

• 87970A4C-D821-43CE-8635-14BE73A1C176.jpeg
    87970A4C-D821-43CE-8635-14BE73A1C176.jpeg
    325.1 KB · Views: 68