TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Feature Request: User configurable max temp setting

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by bonnie, May 4, 2017.

1. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I know there has been some discussion if the max temp is still working under the new release. (It is, I've watched the interior temp on the app climb to 102 or 103 & then drop down.) It's a great feature. Love it.

But I'd love it MORE if I could choose the temp setting. I've left a dog or two in the car while meeting a friend for lunch & leave my app open on the table so I can make sure the AC doesn't shut off.

It seems easy enough to make this a user config setting, rather than hard set at 102. If they're worried about someone forgetting they had it low and using more energy than expected by running AC nonstop, 102 could be the default & a user would need to select a lower temp each time.

Am I the only one that wants this?

• Like x 2
  2. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

I believe that's coming in a future release per a tweet from Elon. The ability to set a custom temp for the cabin overheat protection setting.

Jeff

• Like x 1
  3. KidDoc

KidDoc Member

The Dashboard for Tesla app for Android can do it now. It just checks every minute or two to make sure the ac is on and the temp is in whatever range you desire.

• Like x 1
  4. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

That was promised in 8.1. When they released the AP2 focused "8.1" without any of the promised 8.1 features, Elon said those would show up in "six weeks" - which is now five weeks ago.

So hopefully you'll get your feature in a week or two. :)

• Like x 2