Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature Request: Window Left (Fully) Down Alert

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure how feasible this would be, but after my youngest set off the car alarm by reaching in & opening the door from the inside in order to roll up the window she noticed was accidentally left down (which was my fault entirely), I was thinking that it'd be handy if the app sent a little notification advising you that you've left a window fully down after you walk away from / lock the car.

I know some folks do leave their windows partially opened for ventilation, so unsure if it'd be possible for the car to differentiate between that and "open-enough-for-neighbours-cat-to-get-in". ;) Or perhaps a notification of any open windows wouldn't be too annoying?

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
With some tech skills, it is already possible to get an alert about doors or trunk being open. I'm not aware of an app that will send such an alert, but the data is available if some programmer wants to create such an app. The TeslaFi.com website does have an alert to let you know if you leave your doors unlocked. Perhaps you could convince them to add an open door and/or open trunk/frunk alert as well.

I'm not aware of any way currently to remotely determine if the windows are open (or how open they are). Tesla would need to add such a feature themselves (if there are even sensors on the widows that could determine that).

Reactions: Kira