TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Feature Requests For Tesla

Discussion in 'Model S' started by weradln, Jul 1, 2017.

1. weradln

weradln Member

Am posting here on the TSC Forum in the hopes Tesla monitors our posts.

My first request is that in the event of an accident that causes any airbags to be deployed, the video from the front and rear cameras for a minute before the accident and a minute after be automatically sent by email to the owner.

Secondly at any time the driver can manually send by email the last five minutes of video from the front and rear cameras. Am hoping this feature would eliminate the need for separate dash cams?

And lastly I would like the ability automatically always drive with the headlights on. Am tired of having to manually turn them on every time I drive in the daytime only to have them reset to off every time the car is off.

• Like x 3
  2. roscoe

roscoe Supporting Member

I'd love to have Tesla allow vehicle owners the ability to use the onboard cameras in lieu of a dashcam.

• Like x 4
  3. Algbc

Algbc Member

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus Member

Agreed. Especially since they're already capturing and storing videos of our driving to gather data for AP2.

5. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

While you are waiting for them to do this, add your own dashcam.

• Helpful x 1
  6. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

While you are waiting for them to do this, add your own dashcam.

7. daniel

daniel Active Member

I agree that it would be nice to have the cameras capture and save video before and after an accident, as well as the ability to email video to yourself.

Every car I've ever had, had the ability to leave the headlight switch on. It shuts them off when the car is shut off, and then they come back on when the car is started again. I didn't realize that Teslas didn't all have that. On my Roadster it's just a manual knob, so it stays on, and the headlights go off when I shut off the car. (Or maybe when I remove the key.) I agree it should have this. I always drive with the headlights on so my car is more easily seen.

• Like x 1
  8. LimoX

LimoX Member

I would need to heavily edit my footage, pontentially self-incriminating!

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  9. LimoX

LimoX Member

My list would include:

Onboard Tyre (Tire) inflation readout.
    Distance & Energy displayed simultaneously
    Blind Spot alert
    Multiple Bluetooth device capability (my Mercedes can handle 5 devices at the same time)
    Retractable Mylar sun visor on the X Model
    Portable emergency battery -
    Stealth paintwork to avoid Police Radar

• Like x 1
  10. MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus Member

The tire inflation readout and blind spot alert are already there. The tire readout will show up if your pressure gets low(I've seen this happen in the snow) and the blind spot alert shows up as a gray "whisker" graphic on the dash.

• Like x 2
  11. LimoX

LimoX Member

Thanks for that info!

Is there intermittent wiper settings I haven't found yet?

12. MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus Member

The lowest two settings on the wipers are intermittent(on AP2... for now, auto wipers on AP1) but there's no way I know of to adjust the timing to be longer.

13. Viking1

Viking1 Member

Follow the Bolt on one feature. If in drive, on an incline, go into hold instead of allowing the car to roll back. Would also love to record the built in video on USB.

14. daniel

daniel Active Member

Think about it. That would be pretty much worthless. It would be more expensive than just getting a bigger battery in the car and would have no advantages over a bigger battery pack and would be a big pain in the neck.

However, I would agree that an option for a larger battery pack would be nice for long road trips that do not follow the major highways where the superchargers are. With a 500-mile EV I could get rid of the Prius.

15. reghoustonguy

reghoustonguy Member

#15 reghoustonguy, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    My wish list: one-touch button for lyrics.

On the music interface, a small icon/button to bring up the web browser and look up the lyrics to the current song playing. With the right passengers, my car often turns into a karaoke room.

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 1
  16. clostridium

clostridium Member

You can get tire inflation readings by holding down the right steering wheel button and then scrolling down to the option after the trip meter - can't remember what it's called and not near my car but it has a wheel symbol.

I'm with you on the blind spot alert - the whisker indicator is woefully inadequate compared to blind spot alerts on cars costing way less. The whisker alert usually lags as well. I don't really understand how my AP2 car with two cameras angled to see the entirety of each side of the car cannot have the best blind spot alert in the world. Meanwhile Tesla is perhaps working on their own streaming music service. Sigh.

• Like x 1
  17. LimoX

LimoX Member

I actually should want rain-sensing auto wipers. Common on cars 60k and up

18. LimoX

LimoX Member

We don't have the Web Browser activated in Ozstralia, local transport laws. I do have a rather tacky Samsung tablet hanging off the screen (form follows function). Allows me to use Waze, and drag up Google when clients test my waning memory.

But you're right! The BEST fun is when you have a carload of happy passengers. Singing along to the great HiFi sound with Lyrics dragged up on A-Z Lyrics for all to see. Helps make great tips!

19. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

It's already there on the AP1 cars. The bottom two settings are rain-sensing. I'm not sure about the AP2 cars.

• Like x 1
  20. LimoX

LimoX Member

Thanks. I'll check it out