Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature Requests For Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am posting here on the TSC Forum in the hopes Tesla monitors our posts.

My first request is that in the event of an accident that causes any airbags to be deployed, the video from the front and rear cameras for a minute before the accident and a minute after be automatically sent by email to the owner.

Secondly at any time the driver can manually send by email the last five minutes of video from the front and rear cameras. Am hoping this feature would eliminate the need for separate dash cams?

And lastly I would like the ability automatically always drive with the headlights on. Am tired of having to manually turn them on every time I drive in the daytime only to have them reset to off every time the car is off.

My first request is that in the event of an accident that causes any airbags to be deployed, the video from the front and rear cameras for a minute before the accident and a minute after be automatically sent by email to the owner.

Secondly at any time the driver can manually send by email the last five minutes of video from the front and rear cameras. Am hoping this feature would eliminate the need for separate dash cams?

And lastly I would like the ability automatically always drive with the headlights on. Am tired of having to manually turn them on every time I drive in the daytime only to have them reset to off every time the car is off.
While you are waiting for them to do this, add your own dashcam.

I agree that it would be nice to have the cameras capture and save video before and after an accident, as well as the ability to email video to yourself.

Every car I've ever had, had the ability to leave the headlight switch on. It shuts them off when the car is shut off, and then they come back on when the car is started again. I didn't realize that Teslas didn't all have that. On my Roadster it's just a manual knob, so it stays on, and the headlights go off when I shut off the car. (Or maybe when I remove the key.) I agree it should have this. I always drive with the headlights on so my car is more easily seen.

Reactions: roscoe

I would need to heavily edit my footage, pontentially self-incriminating!

• Funny
Reactions: ICUDoc and roscoe
My list would include:

Onboard Tyre (Tire) inflation readout.
Distance & Energy displayed simultaneously
Blind Spot alert
Multiple Bluetooth device capability (my Mercedes can handle 5 devices at the same time)
Retractable Mylar sun visor on the X Model
Portable emergency battery -
Stealth paintwork to avoid Police Radar

Reactions: Ruffles
My list would include:

Blind Spot alert
Multiple Bluetooth device capability (my Mercedes can handle 5 devices at the same time)

The tire inflation readout and blind spot alert are already there. The tire readout will show up if your pressure gets low(I've seen this happen in the snow) and the blind spot alert shows up as a gray "whisker" graphic on the dash.

My list would include:

[...]
[...]

Think about it. That would be pretty much worthless. It would be more expensive than just getting a bigger battery in the car and would have no advantages over a bigger battery pack and would be a big pain in the neck.

However, I would agree that an option for a larger battery pack would be nice for long road trips that do not follow the major highways where the superchargers are. With a 500-mile EV I could get rid of the Prius.

My list would include:

Blind Spot alert

You can get tire inflation readings by holding down the right steering wheel button and then scrolling down to the option after the trip meter - can't remember what it's called and not near my car but it has a wheel symbol.

I'm with you on the blind spot alert - the whisker indicator is woefully inadequate compared to blind spot alerts on cars costing way less. The whisker alert usually lags as well. I don't really understand how my AP2 car with two cameras angled to see the entirety of each side of the car cannot have the best blind spot alert in the world. Meanwhile Tesla is perhaps working on their own streaming music service. Sigh.

Reactions: LimoX
My wish list: one-touch button for lyrics.

On the music interface, a small icon/button to bring up the web browser and look up the lyrics to the current song playing. With the right passengers, my car often turns into a karaoke room.

We don't have the Web Browser activated in Ozstralia, local transport laws. I do have a rather tacky Samsung tablet hanging off the screen (form follows function). Allows me to use Waze, and drag up Google when clients test my waning memory.

But you're right! The BEST fun is when you have a carload of happy passengers. Singing along to the great HiFi sound with Lyrics dragged up on A-Z Lyrics for all to see. Helps make great tips!