TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Feature: Volume drops with door open

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by brianman, Nov 28, 2012.

1. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Sack of cat litter in the driver's seat?

2. twinklejet

twinklejet Member

I like that there is no start button, but they should have an "On/Off" button on the fob itself!

3. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

iPhone and headphones...

4. JerryNycom

JerryNycom Member

Soooo 2007!

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

That doesn't keep the car accessories on (12V plug).

6. TsRocket

TsRocket Member

I dont like it either, i like to clean my car, wash, baby it, etc., and i used to have tunes. Now nada. You should be able to turn it up, or have the setting to "dim" the sound.

7. neroden

neroden Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan

I also want this "misfeature" turned off. It's super annoying. I generally have to pause the music, open the door, turn the music back up, and then leave the door open...

8. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

I thought it was pretty cool. Often when I open the door I want to talk to someone and it's nice that I don't have to fiddle with the volume.

9. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Clearly an option is best. Once we get too many options we will need a "finder"

10. iffatall

iffatall Member

I like the feature, but I understand scenarios when it would not be desirable. Having an option would indeed be the best way ahead.

A couple of questions about the music though - when I am leaving the car with passengers inside, is there a way to continue playing the music?

Also, is there a way to automatically increase the volume with increasing speed (and ambient noise)? I know some other cars have this feature, and I believe it will be useful to EVERYONE.

11. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

When you depart the car your passenger or any other occupant can simply touch the touch-screen and everything stays up and running. The ambient noise auto volume increase has been discussed before as a "wished for" item.

12. iffatall

iffatall Member

Ah, I see. That's cool. Does the passenger needs to keep touching the screen intermittently to have the music going, or just touching once is enough?
    [Sorry, it is impossible to test it myself within the next few days, so I figured I rather ask.]

13. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

It stays until the passenger gets out as far as I know. I have not ever left my passenger long enough to know for sure.