Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature: Volume drops with door open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find this feature very annoying, and I wish I could turn it off. Sometimes I'm working around the car or on the car cleaning it or something and when I open the door the volume goes down. I wish it would stay the same. I have to go in the car and turn the volume back up. really annoying.

I dont like it either, i like to clean my car, wash, baby it, etc., and i used to have tunes. Now nada. You should be able to turn it up, or have the setting to "dim" the sound.

I like the feature, but I understand scenarios when it would not be desirable. Having an option would indeed be the best way ahead.

A couple of questions about the music though - when I am leaving the car with passengers inside, is there a way to continue playing the music?

Also, is there a way to automatically increase the volume with increasing speed (and ambient noise)? I know some other cars have this feature, and I believe it will be useful to EVERYONE.

I like the feature, but I understand scenarios when it would not be desirable. Having an option would indeed be the best way ahead.

A couple of questions about the music though - when I am leaving the car with passengers inside, is there a way to continue playing the music?

Also, is there a way to automatically increase the volume with increasing speed (and ambient noise)? I know some other cars have this feature, and I believe it will be useful to EVERYONE.
When you depart the car your passenger or any other occupant can simply touch the touch-screen and everything stays up and running. The ambient noise auto volume increase has been discussed before as a "wished for" item.

When you depart the car your passenger or any other occupant can simply touch the touch-screen and everything stays up and running. The ambient noise auto volume increase has been discussed before as a "wished for" item.

Ah, I see. That's cool. Does the passenger needs to keep touching the screen intermittently to have the music going, or just touching once is enough?
[Sorry, it is impossible to test it myself within the next few days, so I figured I rather ask.]