Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature Wish List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my Model 3 for about 3 months now.. Latest update was great for battery drain and rear camera.. But I would like a few more features..

Here is my Wishlist:(priority from most likely to least likely to happen)
- Auto High beams(Confirmed on Twitter by Elon)
- Ability to unlock glove box after crash(Confirmed on twitter)
- Lock/Unlock doors button on screen(no way to lock the car while in park)
- Display which door is open when Open door error pops up
- Hardening the Center screen(confirmed on twitter)
- Dotted lines when lane change assistance is available like in AP1
- Ability to read speed limit signs or ability for people to contribute via site where speed limit is incorrect
- Phone Favorites
- Browser(really like the Tesla waze site)
- Right Camera to see blind spot when blinker is on
- Surround camera from above(Like in the Infinity)
- Ability to use inside cam to see the backseat

Good idea. Even better: speed up/down might be better assigned to the right thumbwheel, since the gear stalk is used to engage/disengage TACC & AP.

The gear stalk is used to engage in the S and it also serves as speed adjustment. It works perfectly that way. Single pull backwards for TACC double pull backwards for AP. Gentle push up/down for 1 mph setpoint change, firm push up/down for 5 mph setpoint change. Perfect. Model 3: Do something with the stalk to activate then walk over to the living room to adjust the thermostat. Not perfect.

Ability to set the USB / 12V outlets to remain on after vehicle shuts down.
Ideally you could set them for one time, or always.

Obviously it would need logic such that if the 12V voltage drops below a threshold it will shut them down.

Would really like a constant power source for dashcam
Also would like to on rare occasions leave USB powered so I could charge a phone / tablet while I was out of the vehicle.

• Love
Reactions: VBruce and Pkmmte
3tMNKY

- Display which door is open when Open door error pops up
As non owner (yet), this is surprising. So with a 15" digital display (not limited to just idiot lights like most cars), if a door is ajar, you don't get told which one? It's the same old drill... "someone's door is not closed, everyone check please."? Is that really true? A quick Google search shows that a 1980 Honda Accord could show this...
hqdefault.jpg

Software changes:

1. Summon (coming, I'm sure, but when?)
  2. Wi-Fi (see Summon)
  3. Camper Mode (see Summon, Wi-Fi)
  4. Autopilot speed and follow distance on right scroll wheel (apparently in 2018.10.12, so hopefully I get that soon).
  5. Move the turn-by-turn nav stuff to be adjacent to the car overview panel
  6. Add the ability to mark a bluetooth audio device as a favorite source like you can with streaming stations (and presumably FM radio but lol as if I'm listening to that)
  7. Improve responsiveness when using the mobile app while the car is on LTE (if the car's asleep it takes roughly 11 months to wake up. I'm told the S/X have some setting where you can keep the connection active more readily).
  8. Calendar syncing (See Summon, Wi-Fi, Camper mode)
  9. Why doesn't the display show the view from the repeater/front fender camera when the turn signal is on? Seems like an obvious thing to offer.
Hardware changes:

1. SKI PASS-THROUGH IN THE MIDDLE REAR SEAT (This is #1 for a reason, unlike everything else which is just "as I think of it). I may see about having this done aftermarket.
  2. The piano black trim is like a leper with super-AIDS and ultra-herpes: Touching it will fill you with regret. I'd have paid an extra $500 to get carbon fiber or dark ash or something else without a moment's hesitation. I wrapped the center console area but the door control panels are beyond saving due to the complexity of the surface and how it is laid up against the other materials.
  3. Faster acceleration. I'll probably trade in for the P model sooner than I really expected, maybe as soon as 2020. It's not slow, just not fast enough.
  4. Phone dock area needs a bit of tweaking. Can't really dock a phone if it has a case on it, and if you don't have a case on it, docking is still kinda hard because there's no visual reference for where the connector is. I just threw in a Qi charger and called it a day.
  5. Make the front "T" badge a button to open the frunk.
  6. Higher-amperage output on front USB ports (this may also be doable in software).
  7. Add another 12v outlet under the phone docks
  8. Recognize the prevalence of dash cams and just put a couple of terminals inside the rearview mirror assembly at this point. Honestly, why not?
  9. The little storage area on the left side of the trunk behind the taillight is shaped really weirdly and is kinda awkward to keep things in. Not a big deal but hey, wishlist.
  10. Grocery hooks in the trunk
  11. The material used for the carpets bothers me. Not like, a lot, but a little bit. Could be nicer by a decent margin but it isa $35k car and I haven't owned anything with a starting price in that range for a long time so my expectations are probably way off kilter.
  12. 110v AC outlet in the trunk would be rad.

also: Automatically adjusting to new speed limits, not just reading the signs. If I'm in a 65mph zone and my offset in AP controls is 0, and I go into a 55 zone, the car should slow down to 55. Once I'm back in a 65 zone, it should accelerate to 65 again.

Reactions: F_T_K
3tMNKY

As non owner (yet), this is surprising. So with a 15" digital display (not limited to just idiot lights like most cars), if a door is ajar, you don't get told which one? It's the same old drill... "someone's door is not closed, everyone check please."? Is that really true? A quick Google search shows that a 1980 Honda Accord could show this...

The car shows which doors are open and which seats don't have their seat belts buckled.

1. Summon (coming, I'm sure, but when?)
  2. Wi-Fi (see Summon)
Yes!
  1. Move the turn-by-turn nav stuff to be adjacent to the car overview panel.
YES YES!

1. Why doesn't the display show the view from the repeater/front fender camera when the turn signal is on? Seems like an obvious thing to offer.

This would be cool.

1. Make the front "T" badge a button to open the frunk.

I like this idea. Maybe the T could be a capacitive touch button to allow this.

I’ll add my own idea, add the fold mirrors button on the same section of the screen where you open the frunk and trunk.

I picked up my car on the 31st and I love it.

I would like to have an entry and exit mode where the steering wheel and seat move out of the way.
Speed or ambient noise radio volume auto adjust
Store favorite places in the Nav. When the Nav is speaking reduce the radio volume.
Mirrors to auto fold in when entering and exiting my garage.

If these are setting I have missed please let me know. If they have been announced any idea when they will be available?

I would like to have an entry and exit mode where the steering wheel and seat move out of the way.

The Model 3 already has this. Tap on your name on the top of the screen to edit your driver profile. Turn on “easy entry” for your profile and configure the easy entry profile. The seat and steering wheel will then switch between your profile and the easy entry profile when you get in and out of the car.

Last edited: