Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature Wish List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just crossed my mind when I replied in a different thread about regen breaking. It would be great if the Model 3 kept track of current weather conditions in your area. If there's a winter weather advisory / storm watch / storm warning it would be very helpul if the Model 3 would make the suggestion of turning the regen setting to the lower setting since this is better for snow and ice covered roads.

Last edited:
Software changes:

1. Summon (coming, I'm sure, but when?)
  2. Wi-Fi (see Summon)
  3. Camper Mode (see Summon, Wi-Fi)
  4. Autopilot speed and follow distance on right scroll wheel (apparently in 2018.10.12, so hopefully I get that soon).
  5. Move the turn-by-turn nav stuff to be adjacent to the car overview panel
  6. Add the ability to mark a bluetooth audio device as a favorite source like you can with streaming stations (and presumably FM radio but lol as if I'm listening to that)
  7. Improve responsiveness when using the mobile app while the car is on LTE (if the car's asleep it takes roughly 11 months to wake up. I'm told the S/X have some setting where you can keep the connection active more readily).
  8. Calendar syncing (See Summon, Wi-Fi, Camper mode)
  9. Why doesn't the display show the view from the repeater/front fender camera when the turn signal is on? Seems like an obvious thing to offer.
Hardware changes:

1. SKI PASS-THROUGH IN THE MIDDLE REAR SEAT (This is #1 for a reason, unlike everything else which is just "as I think of it). I may see about having this done aftermarket.
  2. The piano black trim is like a leper with super-AIDS and ultra-herpes: Touching it will fill you with regret. I'd have paid an extra $500 to get carbon fiber or dark ash or something else without a moment's hesitation. I wrapped the center console area but the door control panels are beyond saving due to the complexity of the surface and how it is laid up against the other materials.
  3. Faster acceleration. I'll probably trade in for the P model sooner than I really expected, maybe as soon as 2020. It's not slow, just not fast enough.
  4. Phone dock area needs a bit of tweaking. Can't really dock a phone if it has a case on it, and if you don't have a case on it, docking is still kinda hard because there's no visual reference for where the connector is. I just threw in a Qi charger and called it a day.
  5. Make the front "T" badge a button to open the frunk.
  6. Higher-amperage output on front USB ports (this may also be doable in software).
  7. Add another 12v outlet under the phone docks
  8. Recognize the prevalence of dash cams and just put a couple of terminals inside the rearview mirror assembly at this point. Honestly, why not?
  9. The little storage area on the left side of the trunk behind the taillight is shaped really weirdly and is kinda awkward to keep things in. Not a big deal but hey, wishlist.
  10. Grocery hooks in the trunk
  11. The material used for the carpets bothers me. Not like, a lot, but a little bit. Could be nicer by a decent margin but it isa $35k car and I haven't owned anything with a starting price in that range for a long time so my expectations are probably way off kilter.
  12. 110v AC outlet in the trunk would be rad.
You forgot to use car cameras as dashcam instead what you said.

Lol at 2

What if a Tesla could dream while parked? Meaning recall video from new stretches of road covered, analyze to identify permanent features, optimum drivable path, infer where missing lane markings should be, locate road hazards like potholes and speed bumps (accelerometer data would be great if it had one), and share this world view with the fleet.

What if a Tesla could dream while parked? Meaning recall video from new stretches of road covered, analyze to identify permanent features, optimum drivable path, infer where missing lane markings should be, locate road hazards like potholes and speed bumps (accelerometer data would be great if it had one), and share this world view with the fleet.

You mean like this?

Tesla updates data sharing policy to include collecting video in order to ‘make self-driving a reality’

We are having a cold wave in the East this week.
I would love to know what the cabin temperature by displaying it through the screen.
I know the phone app already displays the cabin temperature, so this data is already detected and available in the Model 3.
It should not be hard to toggle between the Outside Temperature displayed on the screen and the Cabin temperature if you press and hold the Temperature data displayed (on the upper left on the screen).