Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Features and/or Options Cybertruck should have....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

LST

Supporting Member
Jun 8, 2009
Switzerland
Since the reveal my thoughts are spinning around this Truck. So I'd like to share some thoughts on features and options I think the Cybertruck should have. Please add to the list:

- 360° Display when manuvering (as in Porsche, Mercedes etc.)

- Stability Control when trailering (as in Volvo's Trailer Stability Assist-technology (TSA) and DSTC-system (Dynamic
Stability and Traction Control.).

- Water resistant interior (I'd like to hose the whole Cybertruck down after serious use)

- Trailer Assist Parking (as in VW Trailer Assist)

- AC for the Bed (when transporting food)

- Swivelling frontseats (I know with the 6 seater it's not possible, but a 4 seater version could be fun for camping etc.)

- FSD should be enabled when trailering

- A slightly smaller version of the truck, length max. 5.00m (196.8in) width max. 2.00 m (78.7in)

- Said version without a bed, seats 8 to 9

- For Europe, Switzerland maximum weight should not surpass 3.5 t. Otherwise you'd need a special permit, which would be for most a (99%) showstopper.

Removable rear seats would add greater utility as well I think. This goes for the Model X as well, would be nice to see the second row of seats as configurable as the Honda Odyssey, fully removable individually. Have 3 seats, or only one, or none, with lots of other room for cargo. I bet one could put a Zero FX motorcycle in the back of the X with that middle row out. Or a couple electric mountain bikes. If not removable in the truck I would hope they at least fold flat, or up.

There was speculation that the Cybertruck had a pass through to the vault which was shown to not be the case (only a fold down arm rest), but what if the rear window could be put down, either with the tonneau open or closed. I doubt the cover when fully deployed leaves an opening to access the back with the window down as it probably extends all the way to the roller in the bottom, but I bet it's design would allow there to be an opening in it at the windows position when it's covering the back so that one could put the window down and access the vault when it's covered (would probably need to make it so tonneau could only be moved when the window is closed so nobody loses and arm).

The Model 3 needs a proper ski pass through as well in the fold down arm rest.

For the truck, quick release cross bars like the Rivian has shown. Make them so that they could span the sail pillars sitting above the tonneau (strap whatever you carry well so it doesn't slide into traffic ie a canoe or pair of sea kayaks), and then be able to shorten them so they span the bed between the sail pillars (and would be under the tonneau when closed)

Last edited:
Reactions: LST
Are you sure it won't come with a pass through rear middle seat? That is such a needed and useful feature!! I read on a few sites that it would have this.

I agree, AC bed would be especially helpful for hauling lots of cold items as we periodically need to transport bulk chilled goods and doing so in a hot state is very hard. The cover alone should help a bit, but a blast of cold air should help more! And also heating for camping in the bed, double win.

I hope it also comes with a rack option of some kind, or if not I'm sure the aftermarket community will come up with something.

My other hope is that it has some way to feed a small solar array back into the battery (maybe through the 110/220v outlet) so I can setup a small array during long campouts and generate power for all my equipment through the night.

Last edited:
Needs a minimal HUD. I don't care much for nothing in front of th he driver ( at least speed).
Call me old fashioned, but I just don't like having only the center display ( and yes I've driven the 3)
Even if they get an ok to not have side mirrors, I'll need them for towing.. gotta see the end of the trailer when towing. Maybe th hey will develop a telescoping camera or wireless?

Factory poly bed liner and tailgate top edge cap.
Beer window.
Trailer electric brake controller.
Rubber/vinyl flooring.
Vinyl rear seats (for kids and dogs).
Storage bins/drawers under rear seats.
Extended/extendable towing mirrors.
Mud flaps.
On-road tire and wheel package (presume this will be standard).
Stainless wheels.
Front and rear recovery hooks (hopefully the Cybertruck being the recover-er more often than it is the recoveree).
Giant window scraper / snow broom.
Badging delete option.
Short range remote control slow speed driving (hitching and positioning trailers, dumping loads, fitting into tight parking spots).
Front charging connection.

Last edited:
Are you sure it won't come with a pass through rear middle seat? That is such a needed and useful feature!! I read on a few sites that it would have this.

I agree, AC bed would be especially helpful for hauling lots of cold items as we periodically need to transport bulk chilled goods and doing so in a hot state is very hard. The cover alone should help a bit, but a blast of cold air should help more! And also heating for camping in the bed, double win.

I hope it also comes with a rack option of some kind, or if not I'm sure the aftermarket community will come up with something.

The tonneau would roll up somewhere behind the rear seats, which would cover any pass through opening. Making it so there is a hole in the tonneau at the window position seems like a good option.

If you want to transport cold things, just get yourself an apartment sized freezer to put in the back and plug it in. Or one of those plug in coolers. I doubt the tonneau would be very air tight to keep cold air in.

• Love
  • Helpful
Reactions: T3slaDad and Ludus
I’m curious about what might be done with the onboard air compressor there for the suspension. Tires that maintain their own ideal air pressure for driving conditions? Tires that can at least temporarily fix punctures and reinflate? Simpler/cheaper pneumatic movement options for things like opening/closing doors or adjusting seats? With a COPV and lots of air pressure, besides things like the cold gas jets discussed for the Roadster SpaceX option, maybe something like reusable pedestrian collision airbags? Airbags that the FSD AP can choose to inflate in the front end if it anticipates hitting a pedestrian? Existing explosively inflated airbags were designed without Self driving computers operating at Teraflop speeds looking at everything happening with time to anticipate unavoidable collisions and inflate airbags before there’s physical contact.

Last edited:
A/C and heating for vault area is a must. For camping in the bed as well as for keeping your dogs alive when our shopping etc. Helps for perishable goods and even if you do have a fridge in the back too. Could use the solar power option when stationary to keep the car cool whilst parked.

Slow Remote driving is also a good idea. I'd like to see through the cameras whilst doing so, and in general have access to all the cameras internally as well and through the app at all times. Could possibly get away without using a spotter offroad then.
Needs a straight in front of bumper camera, and real time terrain mapping for offroad which it can display under a transparent vehicle as it drives over. So you can see where your tyres will end up, a projected tyre path would be handy too.

That follows into getting the terrain response to setup the suspension and power to the wheels that have the most grip. Technically, it could use the cameras to automatically identify the ground type, traction coefficient etc for the ground surface and configure everything itself, even with path recommendations etc. to avoid bottoming out or slipping in a rut etc. Sort of like a off-road autopilot.

Then the tyres need to have a auto deflate system for airing down to a preset pressure. This can be triggered internally, and would allow for much better range and performance in sand and mud offroad. It should also remind you to air up when you are on a sealed or hard road again, and limit your top speed until the tyres are inflated again. A CTIS would be awesome, but probably out of budget. A decent size air tank would be good, or use the spare at overpressure to get the tyres refilled faster.

A hitch summon feature that lowers the vehicle and aligns it to hitch up would be good, as well as a trailer reversing aid. Obviously the autopilot should be optimised for using the trailer, for cornering, sway, braking, lane changes, and wind etc. Some reommendations for towing, like best speed for towing in wind or up hill would also help. A dual channel brake controller (left-right) linked into the anti sway should also be onboard.

Another thing it really needs is a haptic feedback accelerator pedal. That means when active it should always "recommend" the best throttle position for the task at hand by offering less pedal resistance in the optimal range, to either improve range on road, or traction off road. (Lots of nannies, but then everyone drive like a pro!)

Pass through storage or a slide down rear window would be nice, but I don't think either will be easy to do given the cover rolling up under the bed, and the front of the tray being angled to follow the reclining angle of the back seats. Access between cab would be a nice option for pets or camping though.

In general rail mounted seats would be awesome with the two main front seats being to swivel. So long some of the seats a rail mounted they can be moved or removed and replaced with other Tesla accessories. That would make it possible to sit and with a popup table in the the front cab, to eat, have a meeting, or use as a mobile office. Ideal for when you have a camper on the back. Easy foldflat seat backrests might even allow a cab bed arrangement too. At least for kids.

Recovery points, winch and simple points to mount a bull bar would be nice. Along with some extra relay outputs for accessories and lights that can be controlled by the screen and app. Some antenna mounting points and ways the route cables inside wouldn't hurt either.

The 230V output should be rated for at least 30A, or around 7-10kW like the Rivian. Two of those would be even better, but I'd love to see car to car charging as well, as an option, for service vehicles and serious overlanders. There should be a socket in the bed and cab for it. A in bed charging connector would also be interesting for range extender packs or geny. A extra solar input for external solar would also be another good option. You could then use the CT to power your RV or cabin, further reducing fossil use.

I think a full length external heavy duty rail system should be offered on the back for low profile racks. That way long items could be transported on the back instead of in the tray (probably 10-11ft long)

The bed should really come with a drawer option that can maybe be also used as the ramp. That way you load the stuff onto the drawer from any side, tie it on and lift it in electrically. That tailgate ramp is much too steep to be useful. If you attach the tailgate to the drawer you could technically have a extending bed setup for longer loads.

A spot to mount internal accessories with dedicated power would also be good to have. For things like CB radios, trip computers, docket printers etc...in a perfect would they'd have a API and a connection to run this all off the main screen. A cooled glovebox is easy to do, along with plenty of door storage to keep things organised in a work truck.

A foam void fill package to make it amphibious with a hitch mounted electric outboard.... :p

Reactions: LST
Removable rear seats would add greater utility as well I think. This goes for the Model X as well, would be nice to see the second row of seats as configurable as the Honda Odyssey, fully removable individually. Have 3 seats, or only one, or none, with lots of other room for cargo. I bet one could put a Zero FX motorcycle in the back of the X with that middle row out. Or a couple electric mountain bikes. If not removable in the truck I would hope they at least fold flat, or up.

else at the least it would be nice if the rear seat sitting surface folded up like a Honda Fit. That would handy for, well anything you would prefer to keep in the cab.