Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Features I'd like to see

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to see the drive/reverse/neutral/park gearstick in a more usual place, i.e. vertical and in the middle console. Ideally I'd like to see a reduced-power drive setting so there's no risk of launching the thing at 100km/h with the slip of a foot, a full power drive setting ... and insane mode selected by flipping a red cap on the top of the lever and pressing a button :)

It took a while, but now I am used to it. At first, I felt like I was driving my mother's station wagon. But know when I get in my other car, I get confused on what to push!

It took a while, but now I am used to it. At first, I felt like I was driving my mother's station wagon. But know when I get in my other car, I get confused on what to push!

Well given that there is no gear changer between the seats.. Then they shouldn't have cut off the driver from the passenger... They should have designed it so that the driver could slide across to the passenger side of the car and enter/exit that way as well.. Like the BMW i3. No need for a centre console. The open space would be preferable. Like the back seat I mean...

Well given that there is no gear changer between the seats.. Then they shouldn't have cut off the driver from the passenger... They should have designed it so that the driver could slide across to the passenger side of the car and enter/exit that way as well.. Like the BMW i3. No need for a centre console. The open space would be preferable. Like the back seat I mean...

So far the yacht floor is working for us.

I have pretty much built my whole house out of duct tape and zip ties! Should work great for babies.
Zip tie around the neck?

- - - Updated - - -

I have to say that my centre console works quite well and does not detract from the open feel, yet i don't have the few items i was storing on the yacht floor rolling around. It is low profile and matches my interior trim. Of course, the yacht floor is still in the car should i ever change my mind, and the console just easily lifts out anyway.

Ive "guilded the lily" a bit with Valets so far. I ask the head Valet if there guys have advanced driver training?. They all answer NO.! I then go on the explain in a matter of fact voice that this car is dangerous and it records the actions of everything inside and outside continously- the drivers face - what there doing - if they touch anything or scrap anything. .......

I conclude with "Its no problem I will be able to tell you exactly what your drivers have done with my car for every second I'm NOT in the seat!"..... Works like a charm - they panic to warn there guys..

Looking at my power useage for the past 10km at each hotel has been quiet docile....

Despite this I too would like a scalable Valet mode for these occassions. It would suggest it be tied into auto cruise control for local speed limit maximums. most cities are either 50kph or 60kph. max.

I agree, and would sign such a petition, but a more direct route to the mother ship is a request via [email protected].
They do forward all requests to the appropriate department. They do acknowledge your mail as well.
I recently sent in a request for a more aggressive regen setting. i.e, strong, normal, and low.

I would also agree most favourably with strongest regen breaking. The regen breaking on the BMW i3 is stronger than the Tesla and I prefer that. Word of warning though. Driving a normal car after that will drive you nuts.

Ive "guilded the lily" a bit with Valets so far. I ask the head Valet if there guys have advanced driver training?. They all answer NO.! I then go on the explain in a matter of fact voice that this car is dangerous and it records the actions of everything inside and outside continously- the drivers face - what there doing - if they touch anything or scrap anything. .......

I conclude with "Its no problem I will be able to tell you exactly what your drivers have done with my car for every second I'm NOT in the seat!"..... Works like a charm - they panic to warn there guys..

Looking at my power useage for the past 10km at each hotel has been quiet docile....

Despite this I too would like a scalable Valet mode for these occassions. It would suggest it be tied into auto cruise control for local speed limit maximums. most cities are either 50kph or 60kph. max.

Have taken the first step, i.e. a test drive. Me too. The idea of one of those guys, even accidentally, setting the thing off like a rocket towards the rear carpark wall. Also, I have to say ... I am a bit afeared I'll be going way over the speed limit in the initial phase .... I'd like optional great big buttons on the touch screen limiting speed to say 60, 80 or 110. Or other increments, hey it's just software.

Also, the option to really actually record what's going on. Should not be hard.

I'll tell you a feature I'd like to see and think is long overdue. ...

What about some good ol'fashion THEMES for the centre console?

Could have the Star Trek Theme, H G Wells Time Machine Theme, Chitty Chitty BB, Hogwarts. .. . Whatever

If you go the Tesla webpage and check out the new Model X, you will see that there are no longer side mirrors - they have CAMERAS.

This is a feature I would love to see on the Model S.

I suppose it is inevitable that if the Model X gets them, then the Model S will too. Question is, can they be retrofitted?

If you go the Tesla webpage and check out the new Model X, you will see that there are no longer side mirrors - they have CAMERAS.

This is a feature I would love to see on the Model S.

I suppose it is inevitable that if the Model X gets them, then the Model S will too. Question is, can they be retrofitted?
i guess it depends on how it is implemented. That is, where the displays would be situated. If they use the centre screen, then maybe. If new screens at the A pillars, then I would say not as it would be a different wiring harness and A pillar trim. But, I could always be proved wrong. Actually, I would really like to have that feature, would make more room in the garage, for one thing, and of course, with the appropriate lens, would eliminate blind spots forever.
A problem I foresee, though, is water on the lens. That already makes the current camera virtually useless in the rain.

The cameras have been in renders for quite a while. I think they are still a maybe as they don't meet US design rules which require an actual mirror (the same reason our frunks don't have motors to raise and lower them!). Perhaps Tesla have approval but I don't think they've announced it anywhere yet. If they don't get approval in the US they probably won't try to implement it globally.