Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Features of MX?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there....long time lurker. Want to buy, but sorta hesitant. Many questions...

What are the advanced safety/electronic features of MX? In particular, Lane keeping active vs passive? Cruise Control? Adaptive Cruise Control? Blind Spot system? Collision Avoidance Alerts vs active avoidance.

I know some of these are available with Autopilot, but I think I'll forgo autopilot as this will be more of a city car (Southern Arizona...limited superchargers anyway. We are in that supercharger-less I-10 corridor). Tesla's website is terrible for information, so I'll ask you guys and gals--the ones who own the car!

Thx

Hi there....long time lurker. Want to buy, but sorta hesitant. Many questions...

What are the advanced safety/electronic features of MX? In particular, Lane keeping active vs passive? Cruise Control? Adaptive Cruise Control? Blind Spot system? Collision Avoidance Alerts vs active avoidance.

I know some of these are available with Autopilot, but I think I'll forgo autopilot as this will be more of a city car (Southern Arizona...limited superchargers anyway. We are in that supercharger-less I-10 corridor). Tesla's website is terrible for information, so I'll ask you guys and gals--the ones who own the car!

Thx

AP is really only trafic aware cruise control, auto parking, and lane steering.

Without AP you still get the safety features like collision avoidance, blind spot detection (which stinks anyway right now), and I THINK side collision avoidance - the side collision is only one in questionable on. It's kind of listed on the web site, on the MS page if not MX one.