Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Features the Model S Needs (Found on lesser cars)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are features I would like to see added to the model S:
1. Birdseye View
2. Cross Traffic Warning (when backing out of a space) It is very difficult to see if any vehicles are coming in either direction
3. Blind spot warning or view & warning
4. Wireless Cell phone charging
5. Automatically bring up a phone keypad when making or receiving a call. With so many businesses using automated answer and call systems that require key presses to get to the party you want to talk to having to hunt to get a keypad is a pain
6. Proximity sensor to auto open the trunk when hands are full and you are standing behind trunk and stay there for more than X seconds with beeps to warn you that the trunk is about to auto open. Another approach would be to add delayed open activated from phone, the trunk stays locked until the key fob is within range and then opens without any further user action.

These are the main ones that come to mind. There are numerous ICE cars that have all of these features and some EVs have most of these features.

As an example, my 2015 Hyundai Genesis has all but Birdseye view (lease ended). My 2017 Chevy Bolt has all but auto trunk opening.

Another item to add to the list would be ability to switch between front and rear camera and have both a front view and Birdseye view concurrently displayed. It makes parking so much easier.

Wow, an entire thread dedicated to my least favorite phrase -- "my 1995 Buick had that feature, 'cmon Tesla, you are worthless".

I prefer to focus on things Tesla does, both as a manufacturer and as designers and engineers, that those other cars can't touch.

Wow, an entire thread dedicated to my least favorite phrase -- "my 1995 Buick had that feature, 'cmon Tesla, you are worthless".

I prefer to focus on things Tesla does, both as a manufacturer and as designers and engineers, that those other cars can't touch.
I agree in part .The Tesla does have some short comings that could be fixed but also it needs to be acknowledged that the others do too. Such as the Bolt not even having smart cruise control.