Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Features we would like to see

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Neilio

Jul 8, 2020
Brentford
Anything you want Tesla to add to adds impressive of experimental line up of tech?

For me it would be that the dashcam sense vibrations or other indicators of a crash and auto records.

I was hit by a bus yesterday (I'm ok and car luckily drivable of very very ugly) and sadly didn't have the presence of mind to hit the record button on the dashcam.

Possibly because I was in shock, you don't really expect to be hit by a bus!

Anything else you guys would like to see on our sometimes futuristic feeling cars?

Anything you want Tesla to add to adds impressive of experimental line up of tech?

For me it would be that the dashcam sense vibrations or other indicators of a crash and auto records.

I was hit by a bus yesterday (I'm ok and car luckily drivable of very very ugly) and sadly didn't have the presence of mind to hit the record button on the dashcam.

Possibly because I was in shock, you don't really expect to be hit by a bus!

Anything else you guys would like to see on our sometimes futuristic feeling cars?

Sorry to read about your calamity... your suggestion for auto triggering the dash cam recording is an excellent one. That's exactly the situation where you are likely to be too flustered to remember to hit the button. The only hope is that you press your horn but for most accidents that won't be the case. (If you've time to hit the horn then it probably isn't a serious incident in my experience!)

Reactions: Neilio
1) a way to change wiper settings without the touchscreen. Maybe use a double press of the button to change between modes?

2) change auto wiper sensitivity- basic feature really, come on Tesla

3) bring back low regen. My wife will drive this car only occasionally so will be used to and prefer the ‘engine braking’ like an automatic and backing fully off the accelerator early

4) dynamic creep/hold. I like hold I’m moving traffic but prefer the ‘foot over brake’ that creep gives you when manoeuvring at slow speed like parking. So maybe a mode that engages creep if you go into reverse and keeps it in creep until you go over a certain speed. Or let you hard pressed the brake to toggle (like you can engage hold mode now at the lights if you’re in creep)

5) WiFi transfer of dash cam clips from the viewer to iPhone/android or online storage somewhere for easier viewing/editing/sharing

6) App Store - even just web apps that can run full screen in park and side by side when driving for like ABRP. Maybe combine with WiFi hotspot to your phone and require that instead of using their data or use it as a way to increase the value of premium connectivity.

Reactions: OttoR and Llama.
1. A proper speed limiter
2. All the existing features to work properly, consistently, reliably
3. Easy and pertinent access to spares
Agree 100%. A year of ownership has taught me that Musk is better suited as a politician than a company leader. He’s big on promises and short on delivering them. He spends too much time thinking outside the box. Keep it simple, make it work. That’s all that needs to happen.

A proper Dashcam that records in decent quality and sound and stores more than an hours worth of footage, plus a working boom box feature so I can have the car make tie fighter sounds when it overtakes something :)

• Funny
Reactions: Neilio
1) a way to change wiper settings without the touchscreen. Maybe use a double press of the button to change between modes?

2) change auto wiper sensitivity- basic feature really, come on Tesla

3) bring back low regen. My wife will drive this car only occasionally so will be used to and prefer the ‘engine braking’ like an automatic and backing fully off the accelerator early

4) dynamic creep/hold. I like hold I’m moving traffic but prefer the ‘foot over brake’ that creep gives you when manoeuvring at slow speed like parking. So maybe a mode that engages creep if you go into reverse and keeps it in creep until you go over a certain speed. Or let you hard pressed the brake to toggle (like you can engage hold mode now at the lights if you’re in creep)

5) WiFi transfer of dash cam clips from the viewer to iPhone/android or online storage somewhere for easier viewing/editing/sharing

6) App Store - even just web apps that can run full screen in park and side by side when driving for like ABRP. Maybe combine with WiFi hotspot to your phone and require that instead of using their data or use it as a way to increase the value of premium connectivity.
I endorse all of these! Good points