Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Features we would like to see

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like the ability to use ones own Wi-Fi connection using a Mi-Fi router permanently placed in the car. Yes I'm aware that this can be done easily and have been doing this for a few years now but the car defaults back to LTE, so you have to manually connect to your router ever time you start a journey. An option to switch permanently in settings would be good. :D

Reactions: OttoR and Neilio
I would like the ability to use ones own Wi-Fi connection using a Mi-Fi router permanently placed in the car. Yes I'm aware that this can be done easily and have been doing this for a few years now but the car defaults back to LTE, so you have to manually connect to your router ever time you start a journey. An option to switch permanently in settings would be good. :D
Yeah this is a good one. I've invested in a WiFi router, just for downloading software updates and it would be handy if it just connected all the time.

All of the above, plus:
- winter mode (don’t auto fold mirrors; don’t wipe windscreen unless driver confirms it’s safe to do so)

- car wash mode (auto wipe off, close windows, gear to neutral, fold mirrors)

- enter address of next appointment from navigation screen, instead of having to pull up the calendar first

- YouTube login to work
- theater to load quicker and more responsive
- CarPlay / Android Auto

In my experience so far (1 month of Model S 75D), I think the sound system does not adjust the volume to the speed of the car. I don't see an option along those lines in the settings.

To which I can only say: really??
I have a sneaky feeling it just does it. I’ve noticed that my wife turns the radio down if I drive faster. ... perhaps she just wants to be sure I ll hear her screaming ;)

Reactions: Neilio
I want an alternative to requiring a steering wheel wiggle when on Autopilot or initiating a lane change with EAP/FSD. I know they're working on being able to track eyes with the internal camera and also detect phone usage so I expect this will probably be used eventually.

Auto-park between lines rather than just between cars.

Flash-free sentry mode.

Ability to adjust temperature from scroll wheel after pressing the temperature on-screen. Slider on touchscreen is a pain to adjust accurately whilst trying to concentrate on the road and I'd prefer to not use the voice control which hears "I'm hot" as "I'm home" and sets my navigation destination to home...

Reactions: OttoR
Auto-park between lines rather than just between cars
I wish they would actually implement an auto park option. Instead of the ‘every once in a while when the stars are aligned I would detect there might be a perpendicular parking space, but it could also be that I am mistaken and then even you have to click very quickly else I am not sure anymore’ function that exists today.

My two pence worth.

1. A way to limit the power other than valet mode. If I let my son drive the car then allow him to use say x of the available power to stop him showing off to his friends. Also, wife rarely drives the car so having option to limit the power would make her less stressed about driving the car.
2. A way to ask the sat nav to find interesting driving routes from A to B - most sat navs allow shortest or fastest but what about most scenic or most fun to drive etc as option when setting the route.

2. A way to ask the sat nav to find interesting driving routes from A to B - most sat navs allow shortest or fastest but what about most scenic or most fun to drive etc as option when setting the route.
Navigation options are in desperate need of improvement. I drive an 80 or 92 mile route fairly frequently. The nav system always offers the longer route because it makes it about 2 minutes faster. The shorter route not only saves 12 miles, it saves about 6% battery (12% on the round trip), and usually ends up arriving at the originally estimated time, if not a bit faster. I was used to using a Tom Tom that gave a variety of planning options, easily provided a choice of routes for comparison, allowed waypoints, user loaded points of interest including cameras, pre-planned routes, near perfect real time traffic information, diversions for closed roads, etc etc. I found the Tesla equivalent very disappointing.

In my experience so far (1 month of Model S 75D), I think the sound system does not adjust the volume to the speed of the car. I don't see an option along those lines in the settings.

To which I can only say: really??
It should be possible to have the sound system adjust to ambient noise level rather than just speed. I find myself adjusting the volume frequently with different motorway road surfaces. On some the car is very quiet at 70, on others it is much noisier. Tyre noise is a much more significant factor in the Tesla than an ICE. Of course,adjusting for speed alone would be a good start.

'Shortcuts' on the main screen menu bar - one or two free spaces where you can assign regular tasks or actions - for example, open the glove box, cycle between chill/normal/sport acceleration modes, open all windows, etc.

I'd also like to see improvements to the 'energy' tool - although not exactly sure what...

Driving data stored/overlayed on saved dashcam footage (speed, location, etc)

Improved summon (Though this is more-so UK regs related!)

Improved windscreen wiper sensitivity

Stop the headlight levelling bug (Mine default to as high as possible half the time!)

Energy usage history - and journey/trip logging - location, speed, etc

Speed cameras on the maps!