Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

February 2022 Ordered and Estimated Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD changed to 6/7-6/17 this morning (switched to MYP on 5/30). No VIN assignment yet.

Question - I haven’t received any text, call or email asking if I want to trade-in my car. I do - and I suppose I need to wait til the VIN is assigned. Given that the EDD is pretty close should I be concerned?

I was going to use the design change web link to change the order’s interior to white - after entering my login credentials the web page just kept getting stocked. I tried multiple times… either Tesla system is down or I am about to get my VIN and the system is simply not going to allow me to make more changes… I will try later but either way I am happy.

Update: I tried a few more times with no success. I was able to access the car design page (no change/edit option) through my phone’s app. Perhaps it’s getting close to VIN…

I just used that link to see if moving my order to the “top of their inbox“ helps create some movement. I essentially updated my order to the exact the same order I had previously submitted. I ordered February 27 and about a month ago it switched from a four week window to a very vague June through August window. It now gives me a similaly vague window of July to September after the update. The local SA has no real information to provide, yet I have seen people with orders well after mine in my area receive VINs and delivery dates. I will report back if this was helpful or a mistake.
Well, that did a whole lot of nothing. Still showing July-Sep order range. My order date is now showing 5/31 instead of 2/27 so I might have just delayed delivery by three months. Surely the original order date is recorded somewhere? The RN hasn’t changed. Apparently pushing the elevator button faster doesn’t speed up its arrival.

Well folks, it just ain’t my lucky day… or you can say sheet happened…

I was so excited about me possibly getting my VIN I started checking trade-in value for my car. To my horror the value went from $27k (Tesla’s quote back in February) to Carvans’s $15k. Carmax was $17k and I guess others probably wouldn’t be far off.

Then I went out to move my car into the garage - and while parking I hit a heavy piece of wood board that then fell onto my car and put a dent on my front fender.

That being said, I decided to do the right thing and downgraded back to MYLR but I did keep the color, tow hitch and added 20” wheeled to pretend I ordered a performance model.

This brought the total cost down by $3k, just enough to fix the dent I just caused.

Needless to say - “my wife is going to kill me.”

And luckily the link finally worked (used Chrome instead of Safari) and I was able to make the changes.

I’ll be changing my signature to reflect the change and I‘ll be crying myself to sleep tonight.

Last edited:

I was so excited about me possibly getting my VIN I started checking trade-in value for my car. To my horror the value went from $27k (Tesla’s quote back in February) to Carvans’s $15k. Carmax was $17k and I guess others probably wouldn’t be far off.

Then I went out to move my car into the garage - and while parking I hit a heavy piece of wood board that then fell onto my car and put a dent on my front fender.

That being said, I decided to do the right thing and downgraded back to MYLR but I did keep the color, tow hitch and added 20” wheeled to pretend I ordered a performance model.

This brought the total cost down by $3k, just enough to fix the dent I just caused.

And luckily the link finally worked (used Chrome instead of Safari) and I was able to make the changes.

I’ll be changing my signature to reflect the change and I‘ll be crying myself to sleep tonight.
I feel for you. Tomorrow is the first day of my latest two-week EDD window, and I’ve been doing the hourly app check for a VIN, to no avail. The upside to getting multiple EDD bumps is that my credit union savings balance finally has enough for the down payment and for the full wrap PPF. Then, the house AC died. I can wait 4 weeks for a replacement compressor, or by a new condenser unit for almost $6k. The flip side of “happy wife, happy life,” is waiting until mid-July for AC. And, I shudder at the thought of saying we waited for the repair because we’re saving for PPF! I’m lucky that I can still afford the MYP, and I can try to minimize my freeway driving until I save enough for the PPF, but if another unexpected expense hits, I don’t have a backup without more debt.

Reactions: Horty4

I feel you on this... When I was supposed to get my MYP back in March, they were valuing my car at 22k. Now in June when I'm actually picking it up, highest offer is 17.6k. it's still profit but losing out on almost 5k definitely stings.

Grasping at straws of hope this morning as EDD moved up and narrowed (for second time) June 7-17. No VIN, no relevance. Been kicked around too many times. Just updating for you all that like to watch this stuff hoping to see meaningful patterns.

Odd coincidence though. Just had a long conversation with an SA yesterday. Correlation or causation? Who knows...

Last edited:
Grasping at straws of hope this morning as EDD moved up and narrowed (for second time) June 7-17. No VIN, no relevance. Been kicked around too many times. Just updating for you all that like to watch this stuff hoping to see meaningful patterns.

Odd coincidence though. Just had a long conversation with an SA yesterday. Correlation or causation? Who knows...
Also grasping to what hope remains. In day 1 of another 2-week window, but no VIN. Just flipped a coin. Heads! That means I’ll get a VIN and not see my EDD bumped out another month, right?